Transparent Display Stands

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Transparent Display Stands

Transparent Display Stands

Hi, I'm looking for display stands that I'll use for my samurai figs. I've recently purchased some of the Samurai figs of DiD and I found that they tend to fall when I display them in some of the more dynamic poses due to the heft of their body and armor. Right now, I'm using ones that came with the HT TT nudes, but I'd like to get transparent ones. A fellow collector of mine has one from DML (though he says that the transparent one is just the base, which is fine with me). That means I'll need three more.

I couldn't find info on that DML stand, so if you guys know of it, please give me a background about it. From what he told me, he's not sure whether it'll fit the DiD samurais.

since I'll need 3-4 more of those, I'm also looking for alternatives if I'm unable to fine more of the DML stands. I came across this stand at store-rooms.com:

http://store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=756

Is this any good? Will it be able to hold the heft of DiD's samurais? Are there other transparent display stands out there? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Transparent Display Stands

Indeed those seem to be the stands you mean, but I doubt you can hold up the samurai with them, they hardly hold heavier DML figures. I know medicom includes clear stands with their figures.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue." - Jules Feiffer

Quote Originally Posted by Migster11 View Post
    ooh! thanks for this bro migs! Foot stands! Now I understand what istotan meant when he said they're just bases!

@ doomhammer:

Yup, istotan warned me that they may not be up to the task of holding the samurais. It's worth the shot, though, because as far as stands are concerned, they're the most inconspicuous and almost perfect for what I need.

@ rhoiye:

bro, thanks for this I'll also see if I can find this one locally. It'll be unobtrusive for dynamic poses and may be the best alternative if the DML ones don't cut it Thanks

These DML stands will do the job if your figures have strong knee joints. Note however that not all boots/footwear will fit into the stands. I suggest you compare the "heels" of your samurai shoes to a pair of DML boots to see if they're similar in size. The stands will be useless if the "heels" are too big or too small.

@ DogBelly:

Thanks bro yups, the samurais do have strong knee joints, but the size of their feet may do pose some problems. So far, I think the feet are smaller than boots, but I'll look for DML boots to compare. Thanks for the tip bro