Questions on 1/6 Stefan Pieler

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Questions on 1/6 Stefan Pieler

Questions on 1/6 Stefan Pieler

Hello guys, I have been eyeing on 1/6 WWII German mountain/ski troops in snowy terrains and such. I am planning to purchase the 1/6 "Stefan Pieler" Wehrmacht Mountain Trooper from Dragon Models.

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlus...p?pid=DRF70654

But I'm wondering if this figure have freely articulated poseable hands like the 1/6 Christian Ski Jager. Does anyone have 1/6 "Stefan Pieler" to clarify or similiar?

Also is there anymore 1/6 german soldiers operating in cold climates which I may not know about? Thanks for all your help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Questions on 1/6 Stefan Pieler

From what I recall, Stefan Pieler does have the older bendable gloved hands. The figure is a rebox of the old Christian figure with the addition of a different head and some extra/different gear, but without the skis and ski poles. Even the packaging they used is the same, and has a spot for the missing skis and poles.

As for other cold weather Germans, there are lots. Are you looking for mainly Gebirgsjagers (mountain soldiers) like Stefan, a specific branch (Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, Heer, etc.) or just any German with winter gear? The complete list would be pretty lengthy.
    Last edited by RogueJK; 06-27-2009 at 20:10.

Hey thanks for your clarification. Yes I'm mainly looking for german Gebirgsjagers (in addition to cold gear as well regardless the branch).

But is there any cold gear german figure without the bendable gloves hands, as with the Christian figure I sometimes have problems doing the poses I wanted. I'd prefer the normal fixed hand poses which comes with alot of the figures.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As far as Gebirgsjagers go, your best bet for a boxed one is to try and track down the 5th Anniversary figure 'Alfons'. He's the best-equipped Gebirgsjager on the market, and comes with several Gebirgsjager-specific cold weather items. http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/70131-p2.html It tends to be pricey when you can find a boxed Alfons for sale, but it's worth it.
    Some of his equipment pieces were re-released in two Gebirgsjager carded sets. They show up on eBay from time to time.
    http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/71200.1.htm
    http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/71201.1.htm

Other Dragon Gebirgsjagers include:
    Otto Koenig (offered in two different versions: one with a mortar, the other with a sled. He's a rerelease of the old Gunther figure, with a few extra items.)
    Hermann Stahlschmidt
    Hasan Malnar
    Alder Ingomar (winter SS Gebirgsjager with lots of cold weather gear)
    There's also a new Value+ line Gebirgsjager that will be released soon. Sort of a basic version of Alfons without most of the special gear.

DiD has produced two Gebirgsjagers as well:
    Georg Sander (also a winter SS Gebirgsjager)
    Slavko Juric

And Toys City recently released a superb Gebirgsjager uniform set. Just add a nude.

As for other cold-weather gear Germans from Dragon, some of the better ones are:
    Viktor Mohr
    Adler Augen
    Karl Grevstad
    Dietrich Graf
    Erwin Stangenburg
    Friedrich Kohler
    Gustav Magnor

But there are many others out there. DiD and Toys City also have a few figures with cold weather gear.

The hands can easily be swapped out. Just pull them out, and replace them with other hands. Hands can be bought loose from online dealers like Toy Soldier Brigade, Echo Base Toys, Monkey Depot, War Toys, and many others. You can also buy cold weather gear and Gebirgsjager items loose from online dealers and create your own winter soldier.
    Last edited by RogueJK; 06-28-2009 at 11:43.