Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Now thats what I'm talkin' bout!

Hot Toys - MMS102 - Watchmen - SILK SPECTRE II collectible figure

Hot Toys is proud to announce 1:6th scale collectible figure of SILK SPECTRE II, just as she appeared in the Warner Bro’s movie – WATCHMEN.

This Silk Spectre II figure stands approximately 30cm tall and features more than 26 points of articulation, it also features:

l Dressed in her movie accurate costume of a black & yellow romper with garters, black thigh-high boot tops, long black gloves, belt, and interchangeable trench coat
    l Highly detailed head sculpt with implant hair and the authentic likeness of Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II
    l One pair of interchangeable gloved hands
    l 12 inches figure stand with Silk Spectre II nameplate

Release date: Q3, 2009

Artist info:
    - Head Sculpt by Lee So Young
    - Head Art Directed by Yulli
    - Head Paint by JC.Hong

WATCHMEN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. (s09)

Last edited by Wookster; 06-04-2009 at 05:44.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up Re: Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Not too bad at all! Always going to be a tricky one to pull off, if I would change one thing, zippers should be silver Hot Toys.

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!

Re: Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

I hope they come out with a comedian.
    "Land of the free because of the brave."
    Trade references
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ldiermp44.html

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How is it possible that the head sculpt reminds me so much of thunderbirds' characters.... the thick lips n huge eyes?
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    How is it possible that the head sculpt reminds me so much of thunderbirds' characters.... the thick lips n huge eyes?
    That'd what I first thought.

I wonder if the legs are like She-predator, where you can't take the boots off.

Doesn't look like her. HT is better at male figures. Maybe they should stick to it. Y isn't Yuili doing the job? She's much better than the rest when it comes to female sculpts.

Doesnt look like her???!! you guys are really hard to please...

I'm impressed..and it looks alot like her, just the scale seems a tad off...maybe..just a BIT too large....

If the rest of the team is slated for production, I'll just sell one of my cars now to get ready for the inevitable wallet hit.....

You know... in an age of digital scanning and sculpting - I really respect this level of hand sculpted work.

I think it's a great likeness.

The costume - that's another story. I think they should have gone with molded rubber instead of the pleather look.

It looks good... just not like the actual costume. It's like Medi's Spider-Man 3 figure. Don't get me started.

I think it looks fantastic as is. Tough call on the molded rubber versus the pleather. Molded rubber might look better short term, but the pleather will stand up over time much better than molded rubber would in terms of mobility after some breaking in / stretching as well as not being susceptible to rot. Superheroes in clingy outfits are hard to pull off without looking too cheesy. IMHO, HT has pulled this particular genere off as well as a mass production figure could, even a higher end one. You'd have to go one off custom to get better, and then you'd be talking $$$.

WoW!
    Trade Reference
    Trade List
    PS3 ONLINE ID: SHMETS (COD4) J3D1_KN1GHT (COD5 WAW)

Chubby spectre?
    Trade References
    Items for Sale on Ebay - PM me for OSW Member Discount

Nice looking figure, but the body needs some more bulk. Seems to be the opposite problem with male bodies (too buff and muscular). Girlfriend needs some girth on her arms and legs (and perhaps some more length too?) - just a little. In the second picture of her without the trenchcoat, her arms look cartoonish - lke the mad scientist in Nghtmare Before Xmas! Also, give her some guns - a HK416, Desert Eagle and Masada would be a good start! (j/k)

Well, I think her HS likeness is pretty accurate. The fabric used for her outfit looks ok in the first photo when she's standing still (and distant), but with close scrutiny and other dynamic poses (where more stretching is needed) tend to look messy.

I think her hips or thigh area seems a wee bit too small/thin which gives a weird look in that region. A bit curvey/ fleshy would be better.

The jacket look in the pictures definitely turn out nicer as it conceals the yellow outfit that is near impossible to fabricate to movie likeness at the moment...

IMO it does look like her, but the body throws it off...her legs from the knee down and her arms are way too skinny. Her legs look odd...big thighs and stick thin calves/shins; they need to even them up a bit. The costume is a hard one to replicate in scale, but I think they did a pretty good job of it. Still not seen the film so I think I'll have to see if it's any good before I pony up for this one.
    Cheers,

Nick.

I think what throws it off is the size of the head. The likeness is terrific but the head is too big for the body.

As for being too skinny - hm - not sure about that.

Now that I look at it again, it's true. Her head is too big compared to her body, esp the skinny arms and legs. HT is probably trying to compensate for the jacket by reducing her body mass, but she's now borderline ridiculous.

Bash possibilities?

Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

Ryan....you need help, lots and lots of help. This figure looks perfect in every way. You guys are wacked.

I think they captured her likeness perfectly. That extra-wide, hippy HT female body was particularly useful for this project (see photo below)

Trade References
    Items for Sale on Ebay - PM me for OSW Member Discount

I wish they wouldve gone with molded hair and they couldve done the rooted as an exclusive somewhere or vice versa. If shes $100 and HT says anything that might mean theyll do the whole crew then Ill get her. HT has never done anymore than 3 individual characters from a major movie license from what I can remember. Comedian and Nite Owl are right up HTs alley, and Roarsach wouldve been the easiest one to do. I dont see why they would use Silk Spectre as the kickoff of the line unless Nite Owl was going to be released at the same time. HT usually releases figures in pairs so maybe we'll get at something else soon.

I think we're seeing her first because DC Direct didn't do her and the other characters that I know HT are doing were DC Direct releases. Those DC Directs are rotting on shelves (look at eBay for prices - ouch!) so I think it's Warners/DC that are directing the release schedule for HT - or maybe they just got her finished first!

The only issue I find with her is that the body is off balance - her midsection looks too thick because the layered fabric creates bulk, which in turn makes the arms look too skinny. How do you compensate for that? An entirely new base body for one figure? Or do you try to find a thinner (and potentially less sturdy) material for the costume? I think they've done a great job here, and most of the final products are better than the early pictures, so I'm not worried. I think the headsculpt and head scale are fine, the actresses head is somewhat imposing.

Awsome SSII!
    I wish HT makes make a new hand sculpt, with ball-jointed thumb, so you can adjust the thumb farther from the fingers like an "L" position for the perfect hands-on-hips pose.

Can't wait for Nite Owl to spectre some silk. xD

But yeah, I want Rorschach. Hope they make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_MP View Post
    Bash possibilities?

Bash, I just wish HT would do the whole Team America figures...that would be so funny. America f-yeah!

I hope they do Ozymandias and Nite Owl and figure out a way to do their rubbery suits without limiting poseability too much. Maybe they can use the same materials used in the film?
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

A coat, a nice head stuck on a body in a tight suited outfit, a stand, and 2 sets of hands ? I hope they dont plan on pricing that any higher than $80 maybe $90. All I want is the head but parted out on ebay, I can only imagine what that will cost

Looks nice but doesn't look like Malin Akerman. The looks too big for that skinny body as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Ipkevin View Post
    I hope they do Ozymandias and Nite Owl and figure out a way to do their rubbery suits without limiting poseability too much. Maybe they can use the same materials used in the film?

i feel the same after spending all that cash on the three DCD figures then hours of customising to get them up to standard I'm sure as hell not going to spend loads more on the same figures! I'd just like to complete the set. HT please do Ozymandias and Nite Owl! and yes i will be buying Silk Spectre!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Jroug, you were(and still are) right on the money with this one, I'm just hoping HT do a Rorschach and a Comedian.