DiD Hands....

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DiD Hands....

DiD Hands....

I was wndering if its an easy fix to get Dragon hands to fit on a DiD body or better yet does DiD make gloved hands? If so where can I get them, I have looked several places and do not see any gloved hands for DiD figures. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: DiD Hands....

Ye It Is Just Get A Hot Glue Gun Pour It Into The Hole And Put In The Pin With Hands Swivil A Little And You Have Them On

Yikes! No glue needed. The wrists from DML and DiD can be swapped around. Take a DML hand, push out the horizontal pin in the wrist, separating the hand piece and wrist piece. Do the same with a DiD hand. Then put the DML hand on the DiD wrist, and replace the holding pin.

Viola... DML hand on a DiD wrist, to connect easily to a DiD nude.

As far as I know, DiD has not produced any molded glove hands. The only gloves that DiD offers are knit gloves that have to be applied to the nude hand just as you would put a pair of gloves on your own hands. Takes a lot of patience and some fiddling, but the result is nicer than any molded gloves.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

http://johkaz.byethost10.com/hands.html has some step by step instructions with pictures. It shows the process on some older ball-jointed DiD hands, but the process is the same for the newer pin-jointed DiD hands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJK View Post
    Yikes! No glue needed. The wrists from DML and DiD can be swapped around. Take a DML hand, push out the horizontal pin in the wrist, separating the hand piece and wrist piece. Do the same with a DiD hand. Then put the DML hand on the DiD wrist, and replace the holding pin.

Viola... DML hand on a DiD wrist, to connect easily to a DiD nude.

As far as I know, DiD has not produced any molded glove hands. The only gloves that DiD offers are knit gloves that have to be applied to the nude hand just as you would put a pair of gloves on your own hands. Takes a lot of patience and some fiddling, but the result is nicer than any molded gloves.
    THANX FOR THAT IVE BEEN DOING IT FOR SOME TIME NOW AND DID NOT REALIZE IT TILL NOW THAT YOU SHOWED ME ORALE

Thanks for the info guys, but I might have to go the hot gluie route because the hands I want to use are gloved hands with large gauntelts on them. Or maybe I should just use a Dragon body for the figure and not a DiD!! I'm working on my own Cobra Commander and I want him to have the large gauntlets he had on the cartoon.

Use any body other than the DiD one - they are horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by justin_g View Post
    Use any body other than the DiD one - they are horrible!
    Really? I like them. Nice tight joints. Good poseability. And it has a nice weight to it. A real solid figure in my mind. Why don't you like them? Anyone agree with me? Then, my comparisons are Dragon (most I have are NEOs, I have one NEO 3?) 21st C (both SAM and SSAM), old Bbi, and 1 Bbi G3.5 and Power Team's super poseable figure. So compared to these figures the DiD is great.

Mostly it's the proportions - the chest is too big/barrel shaped and the arms seem to have the elbow joint in the wrong place. That's just my opinion though - if you like them, then go for it!

Yeah come to think about it, the elbow does seem a bit high on the arm.