Modern Russian Camo Set

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Modern Russian Camo Set

Modern Russian Camo Set

Hey all. I am working on my soviet project and need a uniform set. I ordered the BBi MVD Krechet coat set, with vest, hat and coat, but I do not have a uniform to go underneath it. I was thinking about something like this:

Would a soviet soldier wear a set of black bdus or blue underneath that coat? I have tried to find pics for reference, but have been unlucky. Any other ideas? Would they wear civies underneath? Was that common? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Modern Russian Camo Set

That's Krechet's MVD uniform, so yes, it would be appropriate for use with the blue camo MVD coat. I don't think I've ever seen pics of regular Russian soldiers (non MVD) wearing the blue camo stuff.

If I remember correctly, the blue "tiger stripe" camo is post-Soviet. Russian Fed soldiers will wear pretty much any uniform pieces they can get their hands on, so you could mix and match this jacket with any Soviet/ Russian uniforms from the last 30 years or so, as well as numerous foreign patterns. I've seen Russian security forces using US woodland, British DPM and some German flecktarn (or something that looked like it). Keep in mind that, like Sgt. Schultz said, the blue camo is mostly associated with MVD, OMON and similar security/ para-military groups. Doesn't mean your guy couldn't have one though.
    Last edited by Mlatch221; 06-05-2009 at 08:48. Reason: spelling errors
    OK, so where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yes have to agree on that, and yes you can have black bdu underneath, but it would be more like MVD OMON stile.

HERE IS A PIC OF MVD OMON.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Modern Russian Camo Set-omon30webwd2-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mlatch221 View Post
    If I remember correctly, the blue "tiger stripe" camo is post-Soviet.
    I agree. The soviet camos were the KLMK and its green and mustard (dark yellow) variant for KGB troops, border guards and, may be, MVD.
    If I remember well, the blue tigerstripe camo came only in the end of the 90'. Anyway, it is russian, not soviet.

Thanks for all the info and help. What I am doing is a Russian version of The Punisher. I was recently introduced to the Red Son Superman story and like the angle. After watching that DW show and all the talk about SPETSNAZ had me thinking, "What if the Punisher were a former SPETSNAZ?" I drew it up and now I would like to go and bash the figure. I want to be accurate so like I said thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by da Bronx Commando View Post
    Hey all. I am working on my soviet project and need a uniform set. I ordered the BBi MVD Krechet coat set, with vest, hat and coat, but I do not have a uniform to go underneath it. I was thinking about something like this:

Would a soviet soldier wear a set of black bdus or blue underneath that coat? I have tried to find pics for reference, but have been unlucky. Any other ideas? Would they wear civies underneath? Was that common? Thanks for the help.
    Where did u get ur hands on that uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by PoD_GENESIS View Post
    im doing a spetz from cod4 and the best bet for finding one is ebay.

You should get a Soviet black sea fleet striped shirt to go with it like in Deadliest warrior

Some camo options for (theres more I just dont have them)
    Soviet era :

Below is the VSR , it was made at the end of the Communist period and was used after the fall.

Below are post Communism patterns :
    Army

MVD:

Almost all the patterns can still be seen today , the conflict in Georgia shows the Russian army wearing just about every pattern imaginable , including copies of many other countries patterns , the hard part is finding these in 1/6th , I know there is VSR and the bLue tigers , and I think some KLMK .

Quote Originally Posted by Frost61 View Post
    im doing a spetz from cod4 and the best bet for finding one is ebay.
    You could also check vikings playground.

Quote Originally Posted by da Bronx Commando View Post
    Thanks for all the info and help. What I am doing is a Russian version of The Punisher. I was recently introduced to the Red Son Superman story and like the angle. After watching that DW show and all the talk about SPETSNAZ had me thinking, "What if the Punisher were a former SPETSNAZ?" I drew it up and now I would like to go and bash the figure. I want to be accurate so like I said thanks for the info.
    Thats going to be pretty interesting. You should do the Batman too!

Quote Originally Posted by PoD_GENESIS View Post
    I don't actually have that set. Its a pic of a set I was outbid on at eBay!!

Wink888, I have not read the Red Son TPB yet, a friend just explained the concept to me. So, I'm not familiar with the characters yet. Also, as I was designing a Russian Punisher, I thought of doing other Punishers from other eras as well. Like a Civil War vet wild west Punisher. Can't think of any others yet, but am open to ideas. I was also thinking about posting my sketches and designs for these figures.

"Wink88, I have not read the Red Son TPB yet, a friend just explained the concept to me. So, I'm not familiar with the characters yet. Also, as I was designing a Russian Punisher, I thought of doing other Punishers from other eras as well. Like a Civil War vet wild west Punisher. Can't think of any others yet, but am open to ideas. I was also thinking about posting my sketches and designs for these figures."

Apologies, I misunderstood. a wild west punisher would be cool, maybe inspired by the searchers or hang em high....

medieval punisher.

the sketches would be very interesting
    Last edited by wink88; 06-05-2009 at 20:02. Reason: who wants to know?

21st Century Toys released a Spetsnaz Sniper some years back that had Russian camo.

someone gotta make a modern russian soldier..... with the blue stripped Telnyashka

"We are few in number, but we wear telnyashkas!

A modern Russian Paratrooper would be cool and they had better include the Beret as well as the Telnyashka !

And either a PKM or an RPK(S)....or BOTH!

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Also working on a Russian bash too.. So this information is Great for me.