One Sixth Warriors Legal Jargon
We put up this site so you can get your hands on the latest news and information about 1:6th scale products and other items we think you’ll like. We also provide you with some interesting and helpful information and give you a chance to chat about things on our Message Boards. So take a good look around and enjoy our site. From time to time, we might offer you goodies for downloading--feel free to download any this stuff you find especially interesting, as long as it’s for non-commercial, personal use. This means you can't give copies to your friends, display it publicly, or charge anything for it (among other things).
Don't forget, you're legally obligated to the terms and conditions we've listed below as well as any other law or regulation that applies to this site, the Internet, the World Wide Web or the State of California. You shouldn't bother to hang around if you're not comfortable with these rules, 'cause once you're on our site (and that means anywhere on our site), you've got to follow these terms and conditions:
2. We try to avoid putting those annoying ®, ©, and ™ marks and loads of itty bitty type on every page, but we're telling you now that everything on this site is copyrighted and trademarked by us or one of our partners, unless we say otherwise. This means you can't just use the stuff (no matter how amazing it looks) without our written permission. And we've got to be honest up front: even if you came up with a totally cool idea that we were really excited about, it's not very likely our lawyers would let you use our stuff, even if you asked nicely. So you may want to just enjoy it while you're here.
3. Even though we try to check everything we do here with a fine-toothed comb, we're not saying we're flawless. Sorry to have to say it, but the only promise we can make to you is that this site is totally cool and loads of fun! Anything you read, hear, look at, or use, you're doing so at your own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on this site.
4. On that note, we (and any of the very talented people who help us put together this site) are not liable for any damages you suffer when you're here. In legal speak: Neither "One Sixth Warriors ("OSW") nor Action OnLine is liable for any direct incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of this site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUPROSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of the implied warranties." In short, we don't want to hex you, but if anything happens while you're on our site (like your computer gets messed up or you get infected with some virus), we're not responsible. We definitely don't want this to happen, but if it does, don't blame us.
5. Remember, while the OSW does not claim ownership of your work, if you put anything up on our site, it becomes ours to use as we see fit. That means anything you send in, post in the chat room, or in any way disclose to us, we can reproduce, edit, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, and/or post somewhere else. On top of that, any ideas, concepts, or techniques, that you disclose on this site, we can use any way we want, including in the developing, manufacturing, and marketing of other products or sites… or we can just make fun of them. In plain language, if you want to keep it to yourself, do just that.
6. This may sound familiar, but it's important, so we're going to rephrase it. Anything on this site--pictures, drawings, text, games, anything--is either our property or the property of someone who gave us the permission to use it. IT'S NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN, AND IT'S DEFINITELY NOT YOURS. Don't use any of it for anything other than personal entertainment, unless we say you can (and we probably won't). If you do, you're probably violating at least one law, and since we told you here, we won't feel bad about coming after you.
7. On the same note, there are plenty of trademarks, logos, and service marks on this site that belong to us or someone who said it's cool for us to use them. So hands off! Also, if you fool around with any of these trademarks, we or the owner of the mark or some other prosecutor who they inform will come after you.
8. Every once in a while we hook up with someone else and set up a link to their site. We try to stick with the good ones, but just because there's a link, it doesn't mean we've thoroughly checked out the site. So if there's anything on these other sites that offends your good tastes, don't jump all over us. Enjoy the links, but do it at your own risk.
9. The same thing goes for our site. We try to pay attention to what you guys are chatting about or posting in our discussion groups, but we can’t take responsibility if some loser sneaks in and posts some rubbish. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for the content of those locations or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you might encounter when you visit such places on our site. And we sure hope you won't be posting or transmitting anything unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, nasty, mean, or material that is profane or that the law enforcement types might consider a criminal offense, get someone in court on a civil lawsuit, or for that matter, violate any law, anywhere, anytime. (Remember too, our audience is international.) Because as much as we like all of you, we've got no choice but to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authority or court that asks us to. And if you make problems for us, we guarantee that you'll have problems too.
10. And finally, we reserve the right to change anything on this page or this site at any time. So you're definitely going to want to hop on and check out our new and exciting changes as often as possible, but you may also want to visit this page just to confirm none of the rules have changed since your last visit.
We hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but we figured if we did this one page nice and tight, we could have our way with the rest of the site!
Your account is your responsibility
Registering with the OSW requires you to open an account. You must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You then will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify the OSW immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. The OSW will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the OSW or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.