One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Mountain Militaria 1/12 Accessories

7K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Apache26 
#1 ·
Join the 1/12 revolution!

Well, there isn't a "OneTwelthWarriors" yet, and I don't have the time to start a message board. I left 1/6 a long time ago, only to come "half circle" to 1/12. For those of you who are tired of the high prices of 1/6 and the excessive amount of space that scale takes up, it's time to consider 1/12. When I saw the new scale that combined the best elements of 1/6 with the practicality of smaller toys, I was excited and decided to do my best to get in at the ground level with accessories that I knew were important elements of 1/6 collecting and customizing.

If you are interested, please take the time to look at the following items I have for sale on my Etsy shop.

The following items are cardstock sheets for modern ration boxes to be assembled by the customer.

Current version MRE boxes for assembly:

1-12 Scale Meal Ready to Eat MRE Sheets for 6 Scale | Etsy

Early version Vietnam Long Range Patrol (LRP) Ration boxes for assembly:

1-12 Scale Vietnam Long Range Patrol Ration LRP sheets for | Etsy

Vietnam War MCI/C-Ration boxes for assembly:

1-12 Scale Vietnam C-Ration Sheets for 6 Scale Toys | Etsy

See less See more
#3 ·
Additionally, I have been working with a 3D modeler to develop printed scale products. Shapeways does the printing. The process is not cheap, but it is the best way I can directly manufacture plastic accessory items without contracting for thousands of units to be produced in China. By supporting me in this, you are also helping American manufacturing in a small, but impactful way. Shapeways prints these designs from their "factory" in New York. Like any capitalist, the more money I can make from these items, the more I can develop and produce.

True 1:12 scale 30 round and 20 round M-16/M-4 magazines (fits in DAMTOYS rifles):

1:12 (True Scale) 30 Round M-16 Magazines (5A8Q8RJWT) by Apache26

1:12 (True Scale) 20 Round M-16 Magazines (4N3EEAFJ2) by Apache26

1:11 scale 30 round and 20 round M-16/M-4 magazines (fits in Crazy Figure rifles):

1:11 (1:12) Scale 30 Round M-16 Magazines CrazyFig (H6NHN7BWD) by Apache26

1:11 (1:12) Scale 20 Round M-16 Magazines CrazyFig (TG9D2QTEC) by Apache26

1:12 Scale Vietnam War Lightweight Rucksack Frames:

1:12 Scale Lightweight Rucksack Frame (G8PWDQAN6) by Apache26

The detail that can be obtained through 3D printing can be astonishing. The magazines are on par with their 1/6 counterparts with visible bullets and the magazine catch detent on the left side. Having some familiarity with basic modeling techniques is still important, however, as the printed items often need some light sanding. Like their highly detailed 1/6 counterparts, the plastic needs to be handled carefully. The printed models are more durable than they seem, but they can still be easily broken.

#4 ·
Since this is not my day job, I am doing my best to keep my prices low. Future projects will include:

- 3D printed .50 cal/5.56 mm and 7.62 mm linked ammo cans
- 3D printed PRC-25/77
- Ammo bandoliers for the 20 round magazines (who wants to buy loose parts from figures all the time?!?)
- Printed fabric patches for Vietnam and modern era
- Individual C-Ration boxes, LRP Ration packets and MRE bags

Lastly, I invested in a 1/12 scale UH-1D Huey from a boutique RC helicopter manufacturer in Germany. That should arrive in a few weeks. I will have to assemble it. I will post in-progress photos of it as I go along. I believe this will go a long way in demonstrating the benefits of 1-12 scale as this will fit nicely within my basement (as opposed to a 1/6 Huey which would require its own shed or garage space). With 1-12 scale, vehicles are viable option, and not just jeeps and small cars. I would love to see a 1-12 world consisting highly detailed figures and vehicles!

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply and the head's up. I looked up the Toyfair coverage. Personally, I might buy the Duke figure, but otherwise I'm underwhelmed. I know they're going after the "Star Wars Black" and Avengers 6" lines. Insofar as that's good for 1/12, I'm for it. I'm also glad to see toys that are made for kids. If kids don't have their own toy soldier lines, than the future of 1/12 and 1/6 is doomed. Not everything in plastic needs to be a collectible.

What underwhelms me is yet another rehash of the ARAH characters. For how long, and under how many guises will Hasbro continue to reinvent characters invented in the 1980's? In my opinion, those characters were a part of the Reagan era, post Vietnam, late Cold War zeitgeist. Most of them had backstories rooted in Vietnam that were crafted by Larry Hama. I wish Hasbro would go back to real soldiers. My childhood nostalgia only carries so far, and they can only update the characters so much. Likewise, I believe they can only appeal to the nostalgia of 40 year old men for so long. The characters, with some weird futuristic weapons, aren't that compelling. As I mentioned in the "Is 1/12 the New 1/6?" thread, I went through a 1/18 phase. I purchased many of the 3 3/4" Joes that were produced in the 2012 - 2015 timeframe. That included the throwback versions as well as the movie figures. How many Dukes and Roadblocks and Scarletts can there be? At what point do Destro's and Baroness' and Cobra Commander's late 1970's disco villain outfits get tired? Scarlett's outfit looked like she came right out of a roller derby movie.

That being said, if people want to buy MRE's for their 6" Joes, I'm happy to sell them!

#7 ·
It took me a year to get these finalized and posted (I'll blame the virus even though that had nothing to do with it), but here are the listings for the 1:12 Vietnam Rucksack frames. They are now in stock in limited quantities. In the future I will offer a thicker frame option for greater durability and an option with a base coat of OD paint.

1:12 Scale Vietnam War Lightweight Rucksack Frame | Etsy

Likewise I added two variants of LRP ration cartons.

Early:

1:12 Scale Vietnam LRP Ration Carton 1st Version | Etsy

Late:

1:12 Scale Vietnam LRP Ration Carton 2nd Version | Etsy

I also have sheets of printed U.S. Army patches in 1:12 scale. While these are geared towards Vietnam War figures, the subdued insignia (with the exception of the sleeve rank) is appropriate for modern U.S. Army figures prior to the adoption of ACU's.

1:12 Scale Vietnam Modern Era Uniform Patches | Etsy

I will also soon offer various other printable items in 1:12 scale. Initially these will be geared towards the Vietnam War era, but with the growing body of WWII figures in 1:12 I will also add WWII options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.