Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison Shot (NSFW Version)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison Shot (NSFW Version)

Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison Shot (NSFW Version)

Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison (NSFW Version) by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

For those who missed the original post in the main forum...

Been meaning to update a very old photo I had comparing Phicen seamless body skin tones for the stainless-steel skeleton era, and to start assembling a Phicen FAQ. No better time than the present.

From left to right:

• PALE (PLLB2015-S10D body with head from PLLB2014-S07 boxed nude).
    • TAN (Either a China Honor Guard or Armored Shi body, head is from the original Shi boxed set).
    • SUNTAN (Stormy Tempest body with Sheena head)
    • SPARTA WARRIOR (the Sparta Warrior body, which seems to fall slightly between suntan and tan; it's close enough to suntan, but different enough to warrant a category of its own)

Blushing on the pale body has long-since worn off. Not 100% sure if the tan body ever had any. The two muscular bodies are pretty much still out-of-the-box fresh.

I am told that the boxed nude tan figures (PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08, the ones that came with the smiling head sculpts) are different from each other when it comes to skin tones. I have no personal experience with this since I don't own either base body (hate the stupid floppy feet). I'd believe it's largely a materials science problem of getting the skin tone consistent across batches, and that this might be why tan seems to be a skin tone that's vanishing from Phicen's catalog. But this is purely speculation on my part.
    Last edited by edwick; 10-05-2016 at 14:44.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison Shot (NSFW Version)

I have a Phiicen PLLB2014-S08 and box is labeled tan ? It's definitely not tan . It's the one with the smiling face . I also have a Phiicen female agent which I know is tan .I think they miss labeled the box . Your ?
    For he that spends his money on 1/6 figures with me shall be my brother

The two tan bodies you mentioned (with the smiling sculpts) are indeed slightly different from each other. I have both, but I don't have any pictures of either.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho gijoe View Post
    I have a Phiicen PLLB2014-S08 and box is labeled tan ? It's definitely not tan . It's the one with the smiling face . I also have a Phiicen female agent which I know is tan .I think they miss labeled the box . Your ?
    The short answer is that "tan" can mean very different things in Phicen world.

Prior to the stainless steel bodies, tan was pretty consistent, though. The Female Agent set was the plastic skeleton tan skin tone, which would have matched figures like Red Riding Hood and Lady Magician, or any of the boxed "tan" figures.

With the stainless steel skeleton bodies, "tan" became visibly different from the plastic skeleton bodies (for that matter, suntan changed a little bit, too, but not as visibly). The China Honor Guard and Shi figures were the first boxed sets released with stainless steel skeletons, and both were "tan" (and matched each other) but were not the same as the older tans:

Phicen Comparison: v4.0 vs. 5.1 vs. 5.2 by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

On the left is Lady Magician on a China Honor Guard/stainless steel tan body. On the right is Red Riding Hood on a plastic skeleton tan body. You can see how different the CHG body is from Lady Magician's head or Red Riding Hood. So I'm not surprised that your PLLB2014-S08 doesn't match the Female Agent. Apparently, Phicen doesn't seem to be able to keep a consistent tan across many/any of the stainless steel figures, and it never matched the older ones.

The REALLY tricky one is the PLMB2014-S02 figure (and I really need to put together a chart so I don't have to keep hitting EKIA to look up model numbers) -- she was labeled as a "tan" body but is very clearly suntan in-hand.

Very interesting. Thank you. Now suspense is growing, when the S16 and S17 will be added into this comparison and where they will be positioned regarding skin tone...

Thank all you guys for all the information ! I just recently bought the S09C and very much liked the suntan color . My heart goes out for the people living in Florida .
    For he that spends his money on 1/6 figures with me shall be my brother

Great post. Thanks for the info.
    I think the hardest thing is matching heads made from other companies with Phicen bodies.