Sick Call - Page 3

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Sick Call

Re: Sick Call

I think that this thread is a great idea, to help all of us on different, but, very important health issues.
    I sincerely hope that everyone either has completely healed and are feeling better, OR well on their way..
    Me? I am a type 2 diabetic that had Congestive Heart Failure almost 2 years ago. During that issue, it was discovered that I had had 2 heart attacks as well! This was followed by a week and a half of testing every day and a Cardiac Catheterization, where it was found that surgery is NOT the answer. There were no cath, no bypasses or anything else to do at this Hospital (I had worked nthere for over 24 years). I was transferred by Ambulance to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston for more intense testing. After another week and a half of more testing, it was determined that my left half of my heart was damaged beyond repair. My Ejection fraction should be at 67. It was at 15! This means that when my heart pumps the blood out, a l,ot of it just got sucked back in! I was told that the only thing that would "fix" me up would be a transplant. I was also told that I would be on medications to lower my BP and the Insurance would not pay for a Pacemaker/Defibrilator
    combination, until I had been on the medications for at least 3 months. 3 Months later, I had that installed into my chest. This was followed by hospital stays for blood clots all over my abdomen TWICE. I could not stay out of the hospital for anything. It took over a year for the blood clots to be absorbed by my body. I have been living with this now for almost 2 years now. I have NO strength, no stamina at all either. I am going to drive to Bedford VA on Thursday to do a show there with friends. I will post photos as soon as I can.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yesterday, I got the news that I have mono. I know it's nowhere as serious as the other illnesses people have but I'm hearing it will be three months before I'm back to normal. If anybody has experience with mono please message me on here with how long it took you to get over it. Kind of want to know what I have to look forward to in the future. Hope everybody else who's posted is doing better!!

I remember fatigue being mentioned prominently in cases of mono. There's more on it here. Sounds like you should get some rest when possible. I hope you get thru this soon.

Damn Jack, I missed your post, and I'm sorry to hear about your trials. Don't give up, we human beans are pretty resilient, even when life pounds us down.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    I remember fatigue being mentioned prominently in cases of mono. There's more on it here. Sounds like you should get some rest when possible. I hope you get thru this soon.

Damn Jack, I missed your post, and I'm sorry to hear about your trials. Don't give up, we human beans are pretty resilient, even when life pounds us down.
    Thanks very much! I ended up in the ER last night with a enlarged spleen. After a anti-inflammatory they did a Ultra Sound and it showed my spleen was still slightly bigger then normal.

I'm scheduled for surgery (outpatient) to repair my umbilical hernia tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous about it, and could use some positive thoughts/good vibes sent my way!

David
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

Hang in there David!

May you have an easy surgery and a quick recovery... good karma is on it's way to you!
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

Thanks, Russ!

David
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"