Sick Call - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick Call

Re: Sick Call

Oh man im sorry. This sounded bad. Hopefully it did pass.
    My Trade/have list
    You do what average people do, you get what average people get. I don't want to be average, do you?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, dehydration doesn't always leave you the wait and see option. If you don't go somewhere, you should at minimum have someone reliable check in on you.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Yeah, dehydration doesn't always leave you the wait and see option. If you don't go somewhere, you should at minimum have someone reliable check in on you.
    Parents are checking in on me today. Now that I can hold down fluids, drinking plenty of electrolytes, mostly Gatorade and Sprite. I'm gonna see a doc on Monday regardless of the rest of the day or Monday morning.
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Bad situation!

Hope you recover quick.

Start looking forward to doing something special for yourself when you're better. Splurge a little after purging too much!

Jelly Toast or Saltsticks, Tap Water or decarbonated Coke is all stuff you can drink when you feel sick. Toast without everything would work too, it sucks up excess stomach acid.
    Or tea, but i personally don't like tea much (Not that Coke without the fizz is great.)

Get well.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

Im not sure this is considered as "sick" but....

I went in my morning run today and well i rolled/twisted ankle. It hurts like a [email protected]#$h!

I got an ice pack and got it elevated. I need pain killers.
    My Trade/have list
    You do what average people do, you get what average people get. I don't want to be average, do you?

Ouch! Get better soon, Oscar!
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Thanks Ryan
    My Trade/have list

Update:
    I went to the clinic yesterday and got x-rays. No fracture just a real bad sprain. I have to use crutches since it cant support my weight. Hopefully ill be running in no time.
    My Trade/have list

Make sure you give the sprain time to heal, and get a proper wrap. Meantime, get hooked on pain meds.....no, wait......don't get hooked on pain meds.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Make sure you give the sprain time to heal, and get a proper wrap. Meantime, get hooked on pain meds.....no, wait......don't get hooked on pain meds.
    PD thanks. Yeah im here so i have enough addiction lmao.
    My Trade/have list

It’s nice to know that this planet is far from being devoid of decent individuals. pukingdog… thank you for putting this into action. And to all that are sick or otherwise afflicted… feel better soon.

Sorry to hear that Silent, how long is it looking like it'll take to heal?

Quote Originally Posted by david_kay View Post
    Sorry to hear that Silent, how long is it looking like it'll take to heal?
    Thanks David.
    Well it happened Saturday and right now im able to move my ankle a lil bit and put a lil pressure witg help with crutches. Hopefully next week ill be good to go im beinga told me few more weeks before i can try running.
    My Trade/have list

Are the drugs okay at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Collector View Post
    Are the drugs okay at least?
    No drugs. The wife just gives me norco/hydrocodone, but that was for the pain in the beginning. Just hurts when my kids try to play jungle gym on daddy lol.

A lil b t dubs. The wife got the norco from after she had my daughter from her doctor lol.
    My Trade/have list

Just discovered this thread!
    I was born with something called Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome, It basically is extra electrical pathways in my heart, and when under heavy stress my heart goes into something called a tachycardia, where it beats at 300+ bpm, which is life threatening. It was certainly hard growing up with this, especially when i had no idea what was going on up until a few years ago.
    Three years ago when i was in the eighth grade i got a catheter ablation on my heart which was supposed to remove the electrical pathways permanently, but in early this year I had another minor tachycardia only lasting a few seconds. Nothing has happened since, and the tests have come back negative for WPWS, but time will tell.
    It has not affected me vary much, thankfully, I can still work out, exercise and all that fun. it was just the first two years after the procedure i could not do any sports, where i was bored during the day, and i picked up this hobby! so its not all that bad!
    Im made of wax Larry what are you made of? ADTR

Sushi, wow. That's crazy hopefully you do get better. Thats intense. Well glad that it brought you here. Lol
    My Trade/have list

Heya, Sushi!

Gee, if it wasn't for the potentially bad side effects, I'd say you have a great start to a super hero ability!

Glad to hear that it's on the mend and you are able to enjoy life... you should have a good long one ahead of you.
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Well. I gotta put some of my Scratch building projects on hold for a member on the forum. I'll be in DFW Texas for 7 days on a job.

Well be back on building a few chucks and a Crossbow for a member here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by russcal View Post
    Heya, Sushi!

Gee, if it wasn't for the potentially bad side effects, I'd say you have a great start to a super hero ability!

Glad to hear that it's on the mend and you are able to enjoy life... you should have a good long one ahead of you.
    Haha I thought the same thing, having some kind of superhuman ability! to bad im not an author!
    Im made of wax Larry what are you made of? ADTR

Best wishes to everyone here, I'm hoping you all improve or beat your troubles completely !

As for me, I just got released from the hospital for my 3rd stroke in a year. this one leaves me with numbness and tingling on the right side. No joke it runs right down the middle of my body from head to toe. It's strange to shave and feel the razor on the left side but not on the right. Have to be careful with hot and cold as at best i get the sensation of pressure but not temp.
    I'm working at the bench but having to compensate on small stuff as it seems to cause the right eye to water a lot so.. that and it feels funny to use a brush or exacto tool.

All in all it could have been worse so I'm glad for that, and I can still play with the figures !

Again my best to everyone dealing with health problems, take it one thing at a time. I hope you all get better!
    No plan survives contact intact. Murphy's laws of Combat
    Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held it's ground.

Does anyone know about sawemoff2009?
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

I sincerely hope everyone on here is doing better. You're still in your fellow members' thoughts and prayers.

OK, I'll add my own bit of levity here. Like silent_05 I don't know if this counts as "sick" but but this weekend I really felt like if I was a horse someone would have taken me out back and just shot me. Three strikes in week ...

Strike 1: I work out religiously. Between running 5km (3 miles for my American buddies here) and "lifting" my local friends and family tell me I'm in "stupid shape". So late last week, Captain Stupid has just finished a workout where he set a new personal best for parallel bar dips. He mentions it to his wife at dinner. "What's a dip, Dad?" Now my kids want a quick demo of how to do a proper dip. But Captain Stupid's had a couple of beers and throws out his rotator cuff when he goes too low while under the influence. Raise your good arm if you're an idiot.

Strike 2: Helping my nephew move into his new home just a few days later, I trip at the bottom of his stairs. I save his newly painted living froom from a bookshelf sized hole in the wall but twist my back while doing so. Now I can't even pull on my socks or tie my shoes with my one good arm.

Strike 3: I chipped one of my teeth while biting into lunch on the same day as Strike 2. Don't even ask. Just make it a clean shot ...

It happened just like that. But on a more serious note, thoughts and prayers to anyone and everyone here. Get better!

Oliver

sorry to hear about that but by now I am sure you are better..i did have to laugh though...last year I fell though a hole in my deck while fixing it, about 5 feet on to a 2x6 sticking out on the ground...landed square on my back with the board running down my spine..ouch and slap stick funny all at the same time...I feel your pain...
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

hey guys i've gotta say. i like the idea, and this is not just because i have a cold, but also because i have a sore thorat. ironically i work at Ronald Reagan U.C.L.A. medical center. ikr? why would i get sick while working in such a sanitary environment? well i don't know, and i don't care.
    why, other than that i am happy.
    Hail Cobra!

Still trying to get this one sorted out nearly 3 years on. Broken bones = not fun.

]
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Well I survived/ walking away from a major car accident about 8 hours ago. The car hydroplane during sudden a white out thunderstorm near a interstate off ramp into a metal warning pole, backwards. (it sheered off the pole)

Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay.

Thank You: Very Much Appreciated.

Yeah it was Very Scary! I heard I freaked out a lot people on the interstate too.