One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Sick Call

21K views 66 replies 33 participants last post by  highwayman57 
#1 ·
After reading Socrates187's thread, it occurred to me that maybe we could use a thread to keep track of members dealing with everything from head colds to face transplants. Sound off if you get a chance, or have any news of anyone else here.

_________________________________​

Sky Dancer's been dealing with some issues recently, and is tough and resolute as usual. As the place decidely suffers class-wise when she's not around, here's to her swift return.

#32 ·
Yeah, dehydration doesn't always leave you the wait and see option. If you don't go somewhere, you should at minimum have someone reliable check in on you.

#35 ·
Jelly Toast or Saltsticks, Tap Water or decarbonated Coke is all stuff you can drink when you feel sick. Toast without everything would work too, it sucks up excess stomach acid.
Or tea, but i personally don't like tea much (Not that Coke without the fizz is great.)

Get well.

#42 ·
It’s nice to know that this planet is far from being devoid of decent individuals. pukingdog… thank you for putting this into action. And to all that are sick or otherwise afflicted… feel better soon.

#46 ·
No drugs. The wife just gives me norco/hydrocodone, but that was for the pain in the beginning. Just hurts when my kids try to play jungle gym on daddy lol.

A lil b t dubs. The wife got the norco from after she had my daughter from her doctor lol.

#47 ·
Just discovered this thread!
I was born with something called Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome, It basically is extra electrical pathways in my heart, and when under heavy stress my heart goes into something called a tachycardia, where it beats at 300+ bpm, which is life threatening. It was certainly hard growing up with this, especially when i had no idea what was going on up until a few years ago.
Three years ago when i was in the eighth grade i got a catheter ablation on my heart which was supposed to remove the electrical pathways permanently, but in early this year I had another minor tachycardia only lasting a few seconds. Nothing has happened since, and the tests have come back negative for WPWS, but time will tell.
It has not affected me vary much, thankfully, I can still work out, exercise and all that fun. it was just the first two years after the procedure i could not do any sports, where i was bored during the day, and i picked up this hobby!:hifive so its not all that bad!

#49 ·
Heya, Sushi!

Gee, if it wasn't for the potentially bad side effects, I'd say you have a great start to a super hero ability!

Glad to hear that it's on the mend and you are able to enjoy life... you should have a good long one ahead of you.

#52 ·
Best wishes to everyone here, I'm hoping you all improve or beat your troubles completely !

As for me, I just got released from the hospital for my 3rd stroke in a year. this one leaves me with numbness and tingling on the right side. No joke it runs right down the middle of my body from head to toe. It's strange to shave and feel the razor on the left side but not on the right. Have to be careful with hot and cold as at best i get the sensation of pressure but not temp.
I'm working at the bench but having to compensate on small stuff as it seems to cause the right eye to water a lot so.. that and it feels funny to use a brush or exacto tool.

All in all it could have been worse so I'm glad for that, and I can still play with the figures ! :applause

Again my best to everyone dealing with health problems, take it one thing at a time. I hope you all get better!

#54 ·
I sincerely hope everyone on here is doing better. You're still in your fellow members' thoughts and prayers.

OK, I'll add my own bit of levity here. Like silent_05 I don't know if this counts as "sick" but but this weekend I really felt like if I was a horse someone would have taken me out back and just shot me. Three strikes in week ...

Strike 1: I work out religiously. Between running 5km (3 miles for my American buddies here) and "lifting" my local friends and family tell me I'm in "stupid shape". So late last week, Captain Stupid has just finished a workout where he set a new personal best for parallel bar dips. He mentions it to his wife at dinner. "What's a dip, Dad?" Now my kids want a quick demo of how to do a proper dip. But Captain Stupid's had a couple of beers and throws out his rotator cuff when he goes too low while under the influence. Raise your good arm if you're an idiot.

Strike 2: Helping my nephew move into his new home just a few days later, I trip at the bottom of his stairs. I save his newly painted living froom from a bookshelf sized hole in the wall but twist my back while doing so. Now I can't even pull on my socks or tie my shoes with my one good arm.

Strike 3: I chipped one of my teeth while biting into lunch on the same day as Strike 2. Don't even ask. Just make it a clean shot ...

It happened just like that. But on a more serious note, thoughts and prayers to anyone and everyone here. Get better!

#55 ·
Oliver

sorry to hear about that but by now I am sure you are better..i did have to laugh though...last year I fell though a hole in my deck while fixing it, about 5 feet on to a 2x6 sticking out on the ground...landed square on my back with the board running down my spine..ouch and slap stick funny all at the same time...I feel your pain...:doh

#56 ·
hey guys i've gotta say. i like the idea, and this is not just because i have a cold, but also because i have a sore thorat. ironically i work at Ronald Reagan U.C.L.A. medical center. ikr? why would i get sick while working in such a sanitary environment? well i don't know, and i don't care.
why, other than that i am happy.

#61 ·
I think that this thread is a great idea, to help all of us on different, but, very important health issues.
I sincerely hope that everyone either has completely healed and are feeling better, OR well on their way..
Me? I am a type 2 diabetic that had Congestive Heart Failure almost 2 years ago. During that issue, it was discovered that I had had 2 heart attacks as well! This was followed by a week and a half of testing every day and a Cardiac Catheterization, where it was found that surgery is NOT the answer. There were no cath, no bypasses or anything else to do at this Hospital (I had worked nthere for over 24 years). I was transferred by Ambulance to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston for more intense testing. After another week and a half of more testing, it was determined that my left half of my heart was damaged beyond repair. My Ejection fraction should be at 67. It was at 15! This means that when my heart pumps the blood out, a l,ot of it just got sucked back in! I was told that the only thing that would "fix" me up would be a transplant. I was also told that I would be on medications to lower my BP and the Insurance would not pay for a Pacemaker/Defibrilator
combination, until I had been on the medications for at least 3 months. 3 Months later, I had that installed into my chest. This was followed by hospital stays for blood clots all over my abdomen TWICE. I could not stay out of the hospital for anything. It took over a year for the blood clots to be absorbed by my body. I have been living with this now for almost 2 years now. I have NO strength, no stamina at all either. I am going to drive to Bedford VA on Thursday to do a show there with friends. I will post photos as soon as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.