Got to love Ebay

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Got to love Ebay

Got to love Ebay

Well there I was, selling some items on email when I noticed that one of my auctions had disappeared. Taken back, I went to my messages a little bit miff thinking that Ebay s-can the auction of breaking thier anti-firearms part (the auction was for an Surefire M6 Guardian handheld flashlight, but got flagged for the 'M6' as being possibly a weapon....don't ask). So I open up my messages and I get this email:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MC018 eBay Listing Removed: Circumvention of eBay Fees(256933187)

Dear thegreatshaggy([email protected]),

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

250336840658 - Surefire M6 Guardian Flashlight

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Circumvention of eBay Fees policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Shipping: US $74.00
    US Postal Service Priority Mail®
    Service to 95125, United States

We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Using systems and techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees is not permitted. Fee avoidance, or "circumvention," is damaging to the online marketplace, disadvantages sellers who pay their fees, and damages members' trust.

This action on your listing has been taken as a result of eBay's enforcement of the Excessive Shipping Charges policy. Excessive shipping and handling charges are not allowed on eBay because they can confuse buyers about the real cost of an item.

Appropriate fees cover the expenses of mailing and packaging. To ensure that your shipping charges are not excessive, we recommend charging for the cost of the actual shipping and packaging materials.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the thing was I used the 'Shipping is calculated by Location' feature which adds a nice little shipping calculator to the auction so potennial buyers can calculate their own shipping per their location. So I was just told that according to that nice little calculator a 2-3 LBS item shipped in the lower 48 vis USPS Priority Mail was going to cost someone $74.00 Okay, maybe its a glitch I thought so I went to another one of my auctions with the same gross weight and added it with an old zip code from TX which I got $12.95 shipping, a little overpriced but nowhere in the neighborhood of $74. So I sent Ebay a message regarding the matter requesting to reinstate my auction due to a glitch assoicated with their shipping calculator and gave them some nice screen shots from my desktop to back my claim up.

This is the following reply I got back:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Pete,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your removed listing.

eBay doesn't allow sellers to manipulate the shipping calculator in such
    a way as to produce excessive shipping charges. Sellers can charge the
    actual shipping and packaging fees for their items. A nominal handling
    fee may also be applied for the time spent packaging and preparing the
    item for shipment. Sellers aren't allowed to list shipping and handling
    fees as a percentage of the final sale price.

Charging excessive shipping and handling for items violates the eBay
    Excessive Shipping Charges policy. Violations of eBay policies may
    result in a range of actions, including listing cancellation, limits on
    account privileges, account suspension, loss of eBay fees on canceled
    listings, and loss of PowerSeller status.

To learn more about our Excessive Shipping Charges policy, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-shipping.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Jax

eBay Customer Support
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So all I got back was a per-formed reply message with a Cut-and-Paste remarks from their policy book. I'm so glad that Ebay treats the sellers that makes them their money to put food on their families' tables with diginity and respect.....yeah more like un-educated fools that can't understand simple directions and treated like red-head step children . And the sad thing is they're still accusing me of manipulating the shipping for my gain even with the evidence that I've shown to conterdice the claim .

Anyone else have problems like these on Ebay?
    Molon Labe

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ebay changed stuff up so much Im not even going there to look anymore.I stoped buying a while back

Unfortunatly EBAY is sometimes the only way to sell stuff.Alot of stuff I put on the boards,doesn't sell,but does on EBAY.

And yes EBAY has a lot of stupid rules,but what doesn't
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ebay has become a sick joke, but like Corran just stated, sometimes it's your only choice in this hobby. Sometimes you have stuff that you absolutely have to sell in order to purchase more, and the boards don't always deliver.

Give it time, Ebay's bound to get some solid competition sooner or later.
    "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."
    -C.S. Lewis

Can't have the "manipulation" you have no control over getting in the way of their planned manipulation, can we? Ebay seems to have lost their perspective, and will probably end up killing their golden goose.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Ebay has become a joke. I stopped using it 2 years ago. Fees are just out of control there these days.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

The machine is growing beyond it's ability to monitor itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton16 View Post
    Ebay has become a sick joke, but like Corran just stated, sometimes it's your only choice in this hobby. Sometimes you have stuff that you absolutely have to sell in order to purchase more, and the boards don't always deliver.

Give it time, Ebay's bound to get some solid competition sooner or later.
    Thats what a friend and myself were discussing the other day. We've been surprised that no one has risen from the digital e-commerce world to take on the giant yet. Guess its just a matter of time.
    Molon Labe