I've Got Stage 4 Cancer - Need to Sell My Collection

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: I've Got Stage 4 Cancer - Need to Sell My Collection

I've Got Stage 4 Cancer - Need to Sell My Collection

Unfortunately I was told last week that I have stage 4 stomach cancer and it's spread to pancreas, lymph nodes and peritoneum.

I’m due to start chemo on the 17th April, but short of a miracle along the loaves and fishes line the prognosis isn’t good I’ve been in and out of hospital 3 times in the last 2 weeks with Ascites (they drained 10 L of fluid from my abdomen), and low BP.

We’ve taken the decision to move back to the UK ASAP – possibly even before chemo starts.

I have huge amount of kit I need to sell – any ideas? EBay is out as it would take too long.

My stuff is mainly N. Africa FJ and GJ; British WW2 Paras, VN Aussie SASR, LRRPs, SEALs, grunts and a few odds and sods.

Any ideas welcomed, especially recommendations of dealers here in Hong Kong who might be interested in buying a hell of a lot of stuff.
    Last edited by ActionMan; 03-27-2018 at 19:26.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: I've Got Stage 4 Cancer - Need to Sell My Collection

Holy sh*t mate that’s terrible all my prayers and best wishes are with you. I’d imagine some of the retailers must be interested, Black Ops toys buy collections but I imagine the shipping would be extortionate. Where abouts in the uk you moving back to?

OMG, that is terrible news!

My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope the chemo will have a good effect on your health.

I'm not a religeous person but I'll keep you in my thoughts.

God speed!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Such things do not play to fairness, but this is such hard news, David. Hopefully, there will be some help forthcoming, regarding your material. You are a fine fellow, a good friend, and a valued part of this place. If a miracle is needed, then crusty as I am, I am hoping for one.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Damn, I am so sorry to hear that, AM. I hope that things will turn around. I am not religious, but I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

I also don't have any contacts or source, but am hoping some of our HK-based members will be able to step forward and help you in anyway.

Take care man.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

Even though I don’t know you this is terrible to hear and I wish you all the luck in the world if you post the stuff for sale I will take a look I can always do something and would do what I can to help out a fellow brother safe and God be with you

This is horrible, and my heart goes out to you. Wish I could help out with your stuff, but like others, I don’t have connections in that regard. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and let’s hope for that miracle.

Damn... keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a miracle.
    Signing off,
    Garrison

David has contacted me to let you folks know, that he has been laid up in a Honk Kong hospital for a week or so.
    He asked if i would update his page here, so that anyone who had inquired about his collection etc would know why he hasn't been in touch...he is finding it hard to get a connection at the hospital.
    I am sure he will be in touch with you guys as soon as he can.
    Neil.

I am very sorry to have to report that David lost his fight against Cancer and passed away on May 2nd at hospital here in the UK. He and his family managed to get back to the UK on April 27th but it was just too later and his cancer was too advanced for treatment to be effective. His funeral took place on May 6th in his beloved Middlesborough, the city of his birth.

I always enjoyed our interactions on the forum, especially on the long running quiz......where he demonstrated an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things military.....sad news, I am glad he got home and was able to be with his people at the end. It sounds as if things moved quickly, and I hope he didn’t suffer greatly and he was comforted by being back with his family. Rest buddy, we have the watch from here x

“When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.” Tecumseh

Very sorry to here of David’s passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this sad news. He was a cool guy, and he will be missed.

Requiscat in Pacem David!

My condolences to his family and friends.

Much like PCDan, most of my interaction with David was thru the Trivia Quiz. His historical knowledge and a sharp wit led to some truly difficult questions (he usually had me totally stumped!). But I always learned something new and we all had a good time solving the questions.

I’ll miss getting to see his “Keep Calm and Carry On” avatar... he always had a good comment to post.
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

Such a nice guy and a huge loss for the community. May he rest in peace.
    "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."
    Trade feedback:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ghlight=spyder

I've lost a damn good friend.

Neil.

I am deeply saddened to hear of David’s passing. He was always a kind and conscientious gentlemen in all of my interactions with him. I hope his family is being taken care of.

I cannot believe that my best friend on this website has passed away......I'm in total shock....rest in peace Mr. Coates..you will be missed and much love and respect to your family, see you eventually on the other side...…..

Just saw this when I went to post here. Sorry to see the loss of a respected member here. Enjoyed his posts and contributions.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

I just saw this thread again and it brought tears to my eyes. Miss David and his posts