Anybody playing Metal Gear Online?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Anybody playing Metal Gear Online?

Anybody playing Metal Gear Online?

For those that have preordered MGS4, you should have the freebie MGS Saga vol.2 DVD by now, which includes the access code to download the MGO beta online and play.

Tried it a couple nights, and its quite fun, but a bit sluggish and really need some getting used to on the controls. Felt that it has too many options on disposal at first (just aiming has 3 modes, plus auto aiming too). The characters just run a bit slow, and the various camera speed is very slow even on 10 (max). So you can't really take a good peek at the environment very quickly in 1st or 3rd person view, and always need to look around in the normal camera. Also find myself quite disoriented on what view to use in the heat of the battle, trying to aim good shots, then find the camera couldn't keep up with the running enemy...while being shot at too . Guess I should stick with auto aim until I get better with the basic controls. Oh, and some of the menus are pretty hard to read. Sometimes, the red/blue type is almost unreadable on certain screens.

So overall, good game, a bit sluggish on the game speed, and need a lot of practice before the controls become second nature. Might be too slow or complicated if you are too used to COD4's quick run and gun gameplay. But I can see the game will benefit a lot after playing the single player campaign. Then players will be more into the actual tactics, rather than struggling with the basics. Though its really fun occasionally to be Snake (or even the little Metal Gear MKII robot piloted by Otacon, with the stealth camo too), and fight against both teams with your camo suit. If you are careful, you can be a ghost and take them down one by one. And all players have a pretty long health before they go down, unless being shot at the head.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I really like the beta . I will definately get the full version.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33452.html

Got to check out this trailer, especially the very last minute or so. While Kojima loves to keep us guessing, we might see a possibly playable Shadow Moses (MGS1) in MGS4's glory. Keep our fingers crossed.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mpchi View Post
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33452.html

Got to check out this trailer, especially the very last minute or so. While Kojima loves to keep us guessing, we might see a possibly playable Shadow Moses (MGS1) in MGS4's glory. Keep our fingers crossed.
    i've read somewhere (can't remember where) that Snake's journey is supposed to end where it has begun. that would be Shadow Moses island.