OSW Secondary Site on Facebook

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: OSW Secondary Site on Facebook

OSW Secondary Site on Facebook

There's a FB site for dissemination of information during times when OSW is offline for whatever reasons - https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-S...42129172547639

Hopefully, this will ease the anxiety at such times, and negate rumors of end-times indicators....
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: OSW Secondary Site on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    There's a FB site for dissemination of information during times when OSW is offline for whatever reasons - https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-S...42129172547639

Hopefully, this will ease the anxiety at such times, and negate rumors of end-times indicators....
    Thank you for doing this, it is a good idea though it's unfortunate it's necessary. Please remember to make sure, for the sake of those of us who are not active on FaceBook, to keep the relevant information within FaceBook's directly accessible "surface" area, that does not require membership or registration to be read. Thanks.

Cool!!! Great idea!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Thank you for doing this, it is a good idea though it's unfortunate it's necessary. Please remember to make sure, for the sake of those of us who are not active on FaceBook, to keep the relevant information within FaceBook's directly accessible "surface" area, that does not require membership or registration to be read. Thanks.

I understand, given the light and dark nature of FB. I'm not that seasoned in it's features, I'll see if I can figure out the "surface" situation.
    You are
    What you do

Agreed. I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    for the sake of those of us who are not active on FaceBook
    Damn, we're a tiny breed, us Facebook-spurners. Well, perhaps YOU might not be on Facebook (or f**book, as I call it) for different reasons than *I'm* not on Facebook, but these days, it's a serious breach of Millennialism to be thus "out of the loop."

I knew I never liked FBook even while I used my real name, but the kicker came when one day I logged in from some alien computer and forgot my password—and entered the wrong one one too many times for the likes of F**erburg. The consequences were almost in the realms of silly, if they hadn't been so infuriating: FBook actually wanted me to scan and upload a piece of photo ID to reinstate my account!

That was the day I vowed never, in any way, to allow FBook—or any other entity—to actually possess any personal information that I wouldn't hand out to, say, a potential employer.

And I'm normally not the conspiracy-theorising, Dubya-engineered-9/11-type of guy. But in this case, They Went Too Far.

Never mind; if anyone wants to know where I work (Bottle Sorter at
    the Saudi Association of Peterborough) or my higher education (Anthropoetry at the University of South Australia) or where I went to high school (Oman) they just have to get past my randomly-created name (Durknit Pentex) first.

Now I think I'll just go hang out on my Geocities page.

FB is annoying as hell at times, as are people on it. Myself included, no doubt. They do want to know too much, and act like a spoiled kid with all the toys. The only reason I've been on it, was my kids, and after that, some socializing. Also, it took me two goes to get past the idiotic security scrambler.

BUT....

It does let you on the page. No reason to follow that page, really. But, if it shuts down, I try to get word up there.

There's a simpler approach, if the page tanks at any future date:

Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?
    You are
    What you do