OT threads reminder: OPSEC, religion, politics, current events

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: OT threads reminder: OPSEC, religion, politics, current events

Exclamation OT threads reminder: OPSEC, religion, politics, current events

Cannot emphasize this enough, if you post current pics of units/individuals, the faces, unit and name identifiers must be pixilated, blurred, blacked-out; any of the above to deny information that might compromise those units/individuals.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation ATTN: Reminder for OT threads

Just a reminder for everyone that you need to be very, very careful not to start a thread that contains-- or could potentially contain-- political tones, as they are strictly prohibited here on the OSW.

(Actually, the reminder is-- as it always has been-- right under the link to enter the Off Topic section where is states: "Please no current events or political rants.")

Politics have been a forbidden topic here since day one. Being a multinational/multicultural group, reasons for this should be obvious.

This is not directed at anyone specific or any specific thread(s), as there have been quite a few as of late that have caused the Staff to have to sit like hawks on a perch, waiting for the inevitable line to be crossed.

To keep things as they should be, we ask again that you please stay away from topics of a political nature.

And if you are going to start a thread, consider if it has the potential to go down an obvious path of political discussion. In most cases, it's been a matter of threads 'snowballing' into something they shouldn't become.

And even if you are not the thread starter-- do not post something with a political context in a thread where it has yet to exist.

If it helps any-- here's an example of where lines can get crossed:

Talking about the US being in Iraq = fine
    Talking about the policies of the US and why we're in Iraq = bad

Talking about where the Germans attacked, fought, etc. during WWII = fine.
    Talking about the Nazi Party and what it did during WWII = bad

It is everyone's responsibility to keep politics off our boards. Let's all do our best to ensure the fun and comfort of our fellow members.

Thanks!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Re: ATTN: Reminder for OT threads

Hi, I am new here. I am looking to sell a few of my 1:6 figures MIB....one is ahem, ...banned from being listed on eBay as it’s “that” German leader. I wondered if it could be listed here on the marketplace forums, but did not see any individual sellers listed in the marketplace section- only eBay sellers or pro sellers with websites. I don’t know who I can ask.