Toy Hunter (TV show)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Toy Hunter (TV show)

Toy Hunter (TV show)

Tried a search on this but it just comes up with the Hot Toys shop in Hong Kong. I caught this on Quest in the UK the other day, thought it was quite good and worth watching. All about buying and collecting rare and valuable toys and collectables. Seen lots of rare stuff i didn't even know existed. The He-Man Eternia playset was something i would have loved as a kid. He visits a lot of private collectors, some collections look more like museums.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Toy Hunter (TV show)

The show is mostly a farce. Many of the meetings are staged and the transactions faked. The actual monies that change hand are reportedly very different amounts than the show purports ( re: bought very low and "sold" very high, but not actually sold)

Its a TV show first, before its anything else, so the "reality" it espouses it very contrived and fabricated.

Personally speaking . . . I think the show's host/Toy Hunter is an @ $ $ hole, but I digress.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ARROW View Post
    The show is mostly a farce. Many of the meetings are staged and the transactions faked. The actual monies that change hand are reportedly very different amounts than the show purports ( re: bought very low and "sold" very high, but not actually sold)

Its a TV show first, before its anything else, so the "reality" it espouses it very contrived and fabricated.

That's a fair point, my main interest is in just looking at the toys, as opposed to the "deals" being done.

Quote Originally Posted by ARROW View Post
    Sounds like the formula for any of those "reality" shows.......they're more scripted than a "normal" TV show.........
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

I watch it to look at the toys too, every thursday here on OLN. As the OLN network slogan says...outrageous network, outrageous people, yes i think thats the ad. There was an episode of that $15k toy sale which is unbelievable.

It's a "reality" show, but I really enjoy seeing the toys and Jordan seems like a nice guy.

I've met him and bought a few items from him. I know theres an entertainment aspect to the show, but he was nothing but polite, friendly, and enthusiastic.

I've been meaning to catch the show more often.

Love the show. I really like seeing all the toys but I can see the TV aspect of it. Ill keep watching it.

There has to be something about his voice that sound so convincing and entertaining the way he relate things, yet he is not overacting. The last one I watched was the episode that he was at Tomart's warehouse.