Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?

Question Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?

Hey fellow Cineastés,

Can anyone recommend some good HongKong action movies on DVD that have come out since 2000? Lookin for shoot'em up lotsa bullets cool guns cute actresses type of action NOT PERIOD KUNG FU flicks.

I have seen 2000 AD which I kinda liked.
    I guess this is the type of action film I'm lookin for.

I've already seen all of John Woo's stuff
    (Well, except for his early Kung Flu flicks).

Has anyone seen HIT TEAM (Pic Below)
    Dragon did figures from this film a few years back (2001).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-hitteam-gif

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

well its not from Hong Kong and there arent alot of cute girls in them but some of the recent Korean action/sci-fi movies have been pretty darn good. I really liked 2009: Lost Memories and Yesterday was pretty good too (but not as many crazy shootouts).

Full Time Killer was a pretty good HK action flick with some decent gun fights. I'm behind in my HK action movie watching.

Yeah, seems good stuff is coming out of S. Korea.
    Havent seen any tho. Anyone see OLDBOY?

Full Time Killer looks interesting,
    kinda like Brad Pitt's and Jolie's recent flick.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen Hit Team. I also own the DVD. I have not seen the sequel, Heat Team, though the trailer looked pretty good. Hit Team is decent- Dante Lam isn't a bad director. Plot tanks, but it's worth watching at least once.

I seen old boy.. it was a good movie for me.... and i also seen Hit Team... but i seen a movie from Korea called "2005 Lost Memories" u might like that one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-702727065729-jpg

If you haven't seen the 2002 So Close (Chik yeung tin sai ?), it's pretty hi-speed, three babes and a lotta firepower. Nicely written and choreographed.

Karen Mok gets down with the bad guys -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-soclose7-jpg
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Dunk - Full Time Killer is pretty cool, but let down with a whack ending.

All the same though it boasts two of the coolest shootouts I have ever seen - one in a quiet square that flows into a subway and a shottie versus SWAT shootout that's like an ad for Benelli.

Check out the French flick The Nest (Nid de Guepes) it's a pretty cool flick, loads of teched out tactical gear, and a strong female lead in Nadia Farès as a French SF officer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280990/

Meanwhile, if it's chick's with guns yer after, The Transporter 2 trailer will keep ya happy! Ignore teh rap nu meatl .... though.

http://www.transporter2movie.com/tra...r1_medium.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-news-pictrans2-1-jpg

The Transporter 2 looks pretty cool, but god that blonde chick makes me ill. Is that what's hot now? She looks like a boy in pink panties...

And I thought the ending to Fulltime Killer was pretty good, but maybe that's because I know someone with the same problem as the bad guy and it made for a funny story the next day

Damn, that's rough.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Don't forget about the Korean film "Shiri" .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-shiri-jpg

EU Strike Team? Features Lau Ching Wan and Jordan Chan.

Simon Lam's PTU?

Jackie Chan's newest Police Story instalment?

Erm, that's all that I can think of my head for now. :P
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

CC, HEAT TEAM is the sequel to HIT TEAM?!
    I just saw this recently. Its an action comedy. Unfortunately there wasnt too much action...or comedy (Maybe I just didnt get the humor). I wasnt even able to follow the plot that well but I was able to watch it thru to the end mainly because the actresses were so damn CUTE!

So Close, I havent seen that PD.
    Karen Mok is pretty cute!

Hey, the NEST looks very interesing. (DVD backside pic below)

Looks like I'll check out the Korean: 2009 Lost Memories flick first since it got 2 recommendations. I think I saw the DVD at Best Buy for a low price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-nest-jpg

Shiri is on top of my to see list. Returner was pretty cool.

DG, they play Mok as the plain, tough cop, so the sister hit team she's after is way hotter-looking. Still, I was most intrigued by her. The movie's pretty much non-stop, and has lots of nice small twists.
    You are
    What you do

Originally posted by pukingdog
    DG, they play Mok as the plain, tough cop, so the sister hit team she's after is way hotter-looking.
    Shu Qi and Zhao Wei... Mmmmm... Hell yeah PD!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

Originally posted by DunkleGelb
    CC, HEAT TEAM is the sequel to HIT TEAM?!
    I just saw this recently. Its an action comedy. Unfortunately there wasnt too much action...or comedy (Maybe I just didnt get the humor). I wasnt even able to follow the plot that well but I was able to watch it thru to the end mainly because the actresses were so damn CUTE!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. Both were directed by Dante Lam, and I've seen Heat Team dubbed as "Hit Team 2" (i.e. IMDB). I'm pretty sure there's little in common with the two, as I don't know of any characters or actors/actresses that carry over.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Returner! Very cool movie. Average story but awsome action and special effects.

Just whatever you do, if you haven't already, DO NOT watch the trailer, it gives away just about every cool suprise in the movie. You can pretty much figure out the entire movie to the end just by watching it.

On a side note, its not an action movie, but Conduct Zero is funny as hell. Its a Korean high school comedy that takes place in the '80s. Check it out if you want a good laugh.

Originally posted by extanker
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Returner! Very cool movie. Average story but awsome action and special effects.
    I'll agree with that; the Returner is pretty cool. It was one of those "saw it on the shelf and knew i had to rent it" kinda movies.

Fulltime Killer is also pretty good. I thought it came a part a little at the end when the movie shifted focus and style, but it's still pretty cool.

i say...

The Killer (John Woo flick...)
    Battle Royale (Not exactly shoot em up but it's good)
    Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl(Not exactly shoot em up but still really entertaining)

So Close has one of the best hands, feet and guns sequences ever with Mok playing hackey sack with a Glock.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Oh yeah. BATTLE ROYALE from Japan is a MUST SEE!
    This movie blew my mind!!! They did a Battle Royale II, it has more shoot'em up action but the First movie is the one to see!

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Very useful.

If you see more movies of shoot'em up action Genre that you liked,
    Please Post in this thread or in loose bits. Thanks!

PURPLE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I have forgotten about this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-purplestorm-jpg

Have you seen the HK movie, Extreme Crisis? Even though I thought the direction was weak sauce, the movie does admittedly have a lot of exotic weapons and non-stop gun action throughout the film.

It's basically Die Hard meets The Rock: Japanese para-military terrorists take over building (they use Steyr Augs) and "HK cop with glock" + Japanese SF must stop them. A team of SDU even go out exactly like the SEALs in The Rock.

Big Bullet is pretty bad ass and is about the HKP Emergency Unit. Dragon's Sgt Bill fig is based off of Lau Ching Wan's character. Pretty good street shoot out in the middle.

Finally, Breaking News is a brand new HK movie from the director of Fulltime Killer. Pretty nice SDU and cop shootouts in this one. There is a battle in the street that's done in one 10-minute long uninterrupted shot!
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

Would the Breaking News gunfight top Heat, Zombie? Sounds amazing.

You got me interested here buddy.

Hehe, Kuroi, that's exactly what I was hoping for when I first heard about the scene. Unfortunately, the answer is no (IMHO). It's a great scene, but nowhere near as intense or loud as the one in Heat. I was more excited by some bits towards the end of the movie--the SDU use pure tactics to beat the hell out of AK-wielding thugs in tight corridors.
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

Gonna check it out nonetheless.

Thanks for the tip.

Hey guys.

I just saw Returner and 2009 Lost Memories.
    I liked them both.
    I didnt realize both were gonna have Time Travel in their storylines.
    2009 had lots of Bullets flyin and SWAT action (not very realistic combat tactics but still entertaining).
    I think I enjoyed Returner more because of the humor and Anne Suzuki is so Damn CUTE!

Now to check these other titles.

Hey Zombie, those sound really intersting.
    Yujin also recommended 'BIG BULLET', its also Titled 'EU Strike Team'.

Anne Suzuki.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-anne_suzuki-jpg

Tokyo Drifter - it's a 1966 Yakuza film, in vivid color, and weird as all get out, but a movie to be seen. I cannot describe it briefly, you just have to see it.
    You are
    What you do

Whatever you do, DO NOT see Full Metal Yakuza. Quite possibly the dumbest movie I've seen in a long time.

Just saw Breaking News,
    heres my mini rated review.

Cute Actresses - (1 banana out of 4)
    Cool Guns - (1 out of 4)
    Shoot'm up Action - (3 out of 4)
    Cool/Stylized Action - (1 out of 4)

In my opinion -
    Johnny To tries to deliver a serious, realistic actioneer but I feel he fails especially on the realistic action. Pass on this and seek out an action flick that doesnt take itself so seriously.

Rumors -
    This movie will be remade by Hollywood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent HK Shoot'em Up Bang Bang Cool guns Hot girls ACTION Film Recommendations?-breaking_news_4-jpg