Sin City site is up

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sin City site is up

Sin City site is up

Still some parts in development, but I continue to look forward to seeing this movie.

Sin City

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks really interesting! The art direction looks way cool.

Shhhh don't tell One Bravo Four that Jessica Alba plays Nancy Callahan.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Well, then definitely don't let him see this. (It's an animated GIF, wait for it. )

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Man, she is tidy.

Ol' Benicio looks the part, as does Nick Stahl.

Here - Rutger Hauer is back in abig way this year - Sin City and Batman Begins!

That's a better comeback than Lazarus
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Yeah, Hauer's made some real clunkers recently. Time for him to show what he can do.

I'm pretty fired up about this.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

one of the best GIFs ever!

if the movie was just this GIF looped about 500 times i'd still pay for admission.
    honorary axe gang member

that is one of the best GIF's ever.........

i found this to be a good picture too, i guess were back to jessica alba appericiation month.....

"I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow

Aside from Frank Miller representing everything I'd love to do with my own career, Sin City is one of the best comic books to ever see print.

I know this isn't going to motivate a soul-- but if you're not a comic book fan, Sin City will change everything for you. It's like finding out that something you thought tasted like .... your whole life actually tastes like mom's homemade apple pie. It will change your perception of "comic books" forever.

Aside from that, this movie is going to be incredible. Frank's stories are just true classic pulp crime fiction and Robert Rodriguez seems to have created a film that is visually unlike anything ever seen before (just like Frank's comic!)

I'll be at the first screening of this movie and will probably just keep going all day long...!

And by the way, I'll be going to the Wizard con out here in LA this weekend and will be scarfing up all the sweet Sin City freebies from the Dark Horse booth! WOOHOO!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

I just checked out the site. Jeepers! It's friggin star studded!
    And I love the animated gif Writinman!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

Oh Jessica..
    Whyd you go and marry that fool.
    I knew he was no good for ya.
    Now you know.
    You need to be with a real man...
    A man that collects man dolls...

KEVIN IS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Elijah Wood plays the silent cannibal and I'm seriously freaking out about reports on Ain't It Cool telling of him eating people alive and his scene with MARV in the woods.

AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Marv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin City site is up-sincity07-jpg  

Michael Madsen and Brucie boy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin City site is up-sincity08-jpg  

GOD I can't wait to see this movie! Rourke is a PERFECT Marv! Gah! Why oh why is it 2 weeks away! Oh, and if anyone is curious, Stinny is right, the comics and stories are incredible, once you start into the series, you can't stop and you'll keep reading over and over again
    Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

Just got back from the midnight showing in Hollywood!

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP! Excellent movie! True to the books and never a dull moment! Tons of hot babes, gun and anything else you could want in a movie.

GO AND SEE IT

I'm seething with jealousy here.

Ha! at the Arclight? It was quite a night. The movie was fun, it had some nice visuals but I wasn't crazy about every part of it. Still, one of the better comic book movies I've seen. I guarantee you will not fall asleep!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin City site is up-img_5711-jpg  

In less than a half hour... Marv will be kicking my ass.

I've been looking forward to this one for a loooooong time...
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Just returned....it's a stunner. All good, but Rourke Marvs his way across the screen like the force of nature he is. Hard to believe just how well they handled this, and that all the actors "gave it up" to become the characters. Harsh retribution has seldom been so enjoyable.
    SEE IT
    SEE IT
    SEE IT
    You are
    What you do

Hey Dok! Yep, I was there! I had never been there before, huge theatre!

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

Awesome. Perfect.

Hard-boiled archetypes, loads of violence, beautiful imagery through out, and more boobies and bare asses than you can shake a .357 at... This is the world of Frank Miller's mind and-- damn-- it's a good place to be!

Funny what women can make a man to do. Just ask Marv, Dwight and John Hartigan and all the dozens of people that they killed in the name of something less than (or perhaps more than) love.

Never before has a comic series been done such wonderful justice on the big screen. But then again, never before has a book deserved it the way Sin City has.

But, the comics aside, this is about as classic, hard-boiled and noir as film making gets. If it wasn't for the fact that you knew some of the effects and shots made this film a current endeavor, you would swear that Humphrey Bogart or Clark Gable would be bumping into Marv as he turned the corner.

There's not a dull moment in this film. Let me say that again--

There's not a dull moment in this film.

And for those of you who see this film and have never read a comic book-- keep in mind that's what you're seeing. A comic book (or graphic novel, as they can more respectfully be called) with a projector thrown behind it.

Every ounce of dialogue is intact and unchanged. Every shot faithfully reproduced...

If all that isn't enough to put your ass in the seat, then let me quote P.D.:

SEE IT
    SEE IT
    SEE IT

And, for those of you who DID read the books, see if you can figure out what the very end of the movie was about... It was a nice nod to what we might see in a possible Sin City 2.

AND there was a bonus...

...at least in the theater I was in. Previews to Kung Fu Hustle - an epic gangsters versus slum-dwellers martial arts musical !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin City site is up-kf-hustle-jpg  
    You are
    What you do

Kevin? Kevin? Kevin?

I saw ir last night at the last showing here in my small town- it was friggin awesome.

I'm not a comic book guy, and I hadn't read the books, but the comic like effect I saw in the previews intrigued me- I wasn't disappointed and I loved it. Great action, great writing, stunning visuals.

Cheers,
    Allen.

Originally posted by WAF07
    I saw ir last night at the last showing here in my small town- it was friggin awesome.

I'm not a comic book guy, and I hadn't read the books, but the comic like effect I saw in the previews intrigued me- I wasn't disappointed and I loved it. Great action, great writing, stunning visuals.

Cheers,
    Allen.
    If you want to pick up some books that weren't featured in the movie, you can try A DAME TO KILL FOR which shows the origin of Dwight's "new face" (mentioned by Shelly in the movie). And FAMILY VALUES also featuring Dwight and Miho. You can also pick up BROOZE, BROADS AND BULLETS which features a bunch of short stories.

All great stuff!!!

Saw it last night along with my home skillet dragonbbi2274, and it kicked ASS!!

Saw it last night, and it was great!!! Loved it!

I have only briefly glanced at Miller's SIN CITY books before, although I've always loved his artwork. But the instant I saw this was going to become a movie, I was there! And there I was last Saturday, absorbing the whole experience! WOWEEEEEEEE!
    There aren't enough adjectives in the English language to describe how incredible this flick is! If you like hard-boiled characters mixing it up with really, REALLY bad guys and hot chicks with tons of guns, go see it- several times!
    "It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not." -Van Zant.

mmm I loved this movie. Me and my friend Jesse went to go see it on April Second... Before we saw it we read the three Graphic Novels i'ts based on... ....ing awesome .... ,...

Man, this is not a date movie. AT ALL. The violence and truly TWISTED stuff in Sin City is something you save for watching with the boys. If I had realized that earlier, I probably wouldn't be home so soon on this fine Friday night.

Frankly, even I got personally disturbed at the last story. Frank Miller writes some seriously twisted .....
    Last edited by ZombieKev; 04-08-2005 at 23:13.