One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Wats Your Fav War movie of all time?

15K views 97 replies 62 participants last post by  corysorndorff 
#1 ·
Just out of curiosity.... you guys generally derive inspiration from movies for your kitbashes.

Wat I am curious to know is what movie provides the biggest inspiration???

#77 · (Edited)
In no particular order...

1. Saving Private Ryan

2. Taegukgi - Brotherhood of War

3. We Were Soldiers

4. Mibu Gishi Den - When the Last Sword is Drawn

5. Braveheart

6. Ran

7. Kagemusha

8. Black Hawk Down

9. The Pacific

10. The Pianist (war/drama movie??)

11. Flags of our Fathers

12. Letters from Iwo Jima

13. Otoko-tachi no Yamato

14. 9th Company

15. The Hurt Locker

:D

EDIT: Hopefully, someone will come up with a movie adaptation of CoD Modern Warfare. I hope it wouldn't be a flop tho ;)

#83 ·
So many great WWII movies so I'll keep it short.

* Cross of Iron is one of my favourites. The main character was called Sgt. Steiner. What a coincidence that that is what I call myself on this forum... ;)

>>>

#84 ·
Puking Dog and Admins.: There was at one time, a longer, older thread on this same topic at the OSW. Anyone know if it's in the archives or is it gone? I had posted a list there of my war flick favorites and would like to somehow re-access it if at all possible.

Cheers,

M.C.

#87 ·
Sorry I took so long to respond, Mortar Conn. So far all I have found is this thread's evil twin: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...26757-worst-war-military-movies-all-time.html

I'll keep digging...

.....OK, you have 961 posts, and apparently 500 are in the hive memory. I think that may be the operative state for all of us, I'll have to ask Colossus, altho it usually starts queuing up ICBMs whenever I ask it something it doesn't want to answer.

#91 ·
I must've hit my head, because I shook one loose that I haven't thought of in decades, Shoot (1976) with Cliff Robertson, Henry Silva, and Ernest Borgnine. I won't lie, it is a strange movie, based on a strange book. I saw it when it came out, and liked it. How it would look 34 years later.......

If you have seen it, don't spoil it for anyone who hasn't, and who is willing to track down an old VHS tape.

#92 ·
I have been looking for that movie for YEARS now. Twice I had come across it on the boob tube in the late 80's and both times, I caught the last couple minutes, grrrrr. All I remember was a few guys in mixed camo , a M1 carbine, and a wooded gully or creek bed. I so want to watch this!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.