Fallout: New Vegas coming Fall 2010

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas coming Fall 2010

Fallout: New Vegas coming Fall 2010

Prepare for more post apocalyptic goodness. Will be released for PC, Xbox360, and PS3 Fall 2010.

Story:
    Fallout: New Vegas will take place in 2280, 3 years after the events of Fallout 3 and 40 years after Fallout 2, making this installment set the farthest in the series. The New California Republic will play a major part in the story, in a three way struggle between the NCR, the Caesar's Legion slavers, and the local New Vegas populace.

Trailer...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6KY9NqW2c&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Fallout: New Vegas - Debut Trailer (HD)[/ame]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Fallout: New Vegas coming Fall 2010

OH MY GOD! I AM SO ADDICTED TO FALLOUT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!
    AGH I MUST PREORDER AND GO TO MIDNIGHT RELEASE!!!!!!
    Fallout is my life.

Cool!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I can't wait for this release. It's going to be a long wait until October 23rd.
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Shaggy View Post
    I can't wait for this release. It's going to be a long wait until October 23rd.
    Hey, that's good for me. Then I can go and finish Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and BoS.

BoS was so not fallout if you're talking about that console game. Fallout 3 was alright except for a laundry list of problems, Tactics was okay until about half way through the storyline, other things about it was way off balance.

I really think New Vegas has loads of hope. The teaser trailer is amazing, and the production team is better. It looks like Bethesda's response to angry Fallout 1 and 2 fans with pitch forks is what we should have got when we asked for Fallout 3.

On the same note they did take the game from 2d to 3d. I mean GTA3 sucks now.
    I LOVE 1:6 WEAPONS!!! :ar15
    Trade References: https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...gelking47.html

Go to facepunch.com and then find the thread about the game, it's really good. I learned a lot of things like:
    1. You can choose backgrounds like Dragon Age Origins, and the one in the video is when you are left for dead and a friendly robot finds you and saves you. There is another one where you are a part of the Crimson Dragoon (the guys in Op. Anchorage who wear the Stealth armor) before the war and in Colorado, and you apperantely commit Hari Kuti (something like that) with cyanide, and after the bombs hit you wake up, see the rumble, and take off your helmet and look into the Colorado river to learn you are a ghoul. Yes, you PLAY AS A GHOUL. FINALLY.
    2. Apperantely the west wasn't hit to hard, and using solar power that is how they run the citie's electricity.
    3. Gambling will be available.
    4. Stats are harder to achieve, and you can't cap more than 1 or 2 things.
    5. I don't think you use a pip boy.
    6. Takes place 3 years after the end of Fallout 3.
    7. The guy in the end is part of the New Republic of California.
    8. Same system as FO3 is being used. Damn. (It was fine, but something that takes more skills than VATS would be nice, although I do love using a sniper rifle in VATS and getting epic headshots)

so its a whole new game??

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan BFG View Post
    so its a whole new game??
    Not really. It's the same system, but what I said above is new.
    Also, THERE ARE VEHICLES! They will be scarce, but apparently the desert in the game dwarfs the capital wasteland, so you will be able to scavenge and buy parts to make vehicles.

Nice! I never did pick up the alien mother ship DLC for Fallout 3. But then I'm still busy with Mass Effect 3 currently.
    "I love the smell of a new 1:6 scale figure, smells like... victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Plaztic.Dagger View Post
    Nice! I never did pick up the alien mother ship DLC for Fallout 3. But then I'm still busy with Mass Effect 3 currently.
    Woah, when did Mass Effect 3 come out?!?!?!?
    Mothership Zeta was pretty fun, it was loaded with gear and guns though, so go lightly.
    Also, I am hoping to unveil my project soon, which is to make a T56B set of Power Armor and go to the release of the game. I think it's October 23rd....

Hopefully this game will be a little more balanced unlike fallout 3.

AngelKing what didn't you like about FO3?

Really looking foward to this one, still yet to complete Broken Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by naicon View Post
    AngelKing what didn't you like about FO3?

Really looking foward to this one, still yet to complete Broken Steel.
    There are a lot of things wrong in the FO1 and 2 fanboys, but I got bugged by somethings like: no diagonal running animation. Seriously, is it THAT hard?

Oh right. I've only played FO1 which was like ten years ago, but was one of my fav rpg games.

Didn't notice any bugs when I played, only the companions were a pain in the backside to control.

I just like the freedom it offered. If New Vegas has vehicles that would be awesome. I was bit surprise they didn't have this option on FO3 with all the abandon and broken cars. You thought there'd be a good engineer about.

Hey ML,

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but the list that you posted above has been verified as nothing more than internet rumors, however nothing has been officially denied nor confirmed by Obsidian Entertainment regarding anything to be found in the game (From Xbox360 Official Magazine). XBox360 Mag is suppose to have an exclusive details regarding the game during this month's issue that is schedule to hit the shelves on the 11th of the month. I know a lot people are excited about possibly playing as a Ghoul but I see if as official confirmed by the developer I chalking everything I hear as nothing more than gossip and rumors.

And I don't see why people we're bitching about the gameplay and engine used in Fallout 3. Yeah for the true fans of the first four games being 2D I can see why they got a bit upset but I think Fallout 3 was by far better than the other previous relesess. VATS is a great system to use and preferred it more than to the FPS aspect.
    Molon Labe

I'm not trying to start a flame war, Fallout 3 isn't a terrible game or something, but in comparison to Fallout 2 in some points it failed in my humble opinion. This is simply my view I mean NOTHING by it.

Fallout 3 was a little dumbed down on the dialogue and dialogue options though and you can't deny that after playing the first two Fallouts. Some of the options were pretty stupid, such as using your intelligence to figure out something ridiculously simple, or chessy dialogue like "oh no, there is a radscorpion" it got pretty ridiculous at times. The counter argument I've heard against that is we don't want a boring game with lots of reading, but Fallout 3 was meant to be an RPG, not an FPS with RPG elements.

Combat, SUCKED, not only sucked but sucked bad. I'm sorry dice rolls or not when the gun is in mint condition and you see the tracer round leave the bullet and go straight up diagnally to the top left, something ain't right. The "sniper rifle" has a range of about 30 yards, there's a lot of senseless random encounters, you can't really use any sort of tactics at places. I kept having to fight off death claws when I thought instead of rushing the Talon Company base I would simply sneak up and snipe the guards with heavy weapons and infiltrate or something. That was pretty much a no go.

There's no towns with easy access. Part of the greatness of Fallout 1 and 2 are the fact you could step into a post apocalyptic town like stepping into an old west town. Things were fairly easy to navigate, and you would find one or two tid bits of information that all tied into your main quest as well as very interesting side quests. Fallout 3 the plot takes up maybe 30% of the map and there's no towns. People argue that it's a wasteland, and indeed it is, but it's a lazy unbalanced one, because there's people, raiders and others just living clear on the other side of the map. Three building towns wouldn't be able to survive except maybe Arefu. Regardless of Bethesda's excuses, there should be more towns.

Unless you play Broken Steel too, the plot sucked. I'm not even going to elaborate on this one, I don't want to drop any spoilers. But the lame dialogue designed so 8 year olds can play the game too that's already toned down in content from Fallout 2 aside from limbs blowing off, really kind of holds your hand the entire way through the game. It's not like you have to put a lot of thought into figuring out the main quest and if you didn't go "exploring", just playing the regular story with no expansions you could probably play through the entire game without even crossing the wastes. Again, the first two weren't like that, there was more than 5 points on the main quest to go to.

It certainly wasn't the worst game in the world, but it certainly wasn't as great as people make it out to be. It's really an RPG. They also changed a lot of what was "canon" in the Fallout universe which they didn't have to. A friend of mine said "well it got game of the year and it wouldn't have got game of the year if it sucked" I told him if some rapper that sucks sells a million records does it mean he's great? no, maybe it just means if his album goes pltanium a million people are stupid. I'm not saying people that bought the game are stupid, I kind of wanted the version with the cool lunchbox but didn't get it.

It was a good game, but not an RPG game and had TONS of shortcomings. That's why I didn't like about Fallout 3, I'm not trying to argue I only answered because someone asked. It's just my personal opinion. However, there are a lot of things I DO like about Fallout 3, enough to bash a figure using a gun from the game. I mean my first really great bash, that I've actually done more to is loosely based on the Fallout world after or around the time of Fallout 3. I've played through the story two? three times? all of the expansion packs some of which sucked, some were really great.

I think Fallout 3 was like GTA 3 in the Fallout world. GTA 3 was great because it took the game from 2D to 3D threw you in a sand box and revolutionized game play forever, not just in the GTA world. Fallout 3 didn't quite do that but it did take loads of stuff that was from the Fallout world and make it 3D where you could get a better visualization of it. It set the precedent for tons of great Fallout games to be made, and it exposed the concept of Fallout to the mass public so there's actual hope of something major being done and the Franchise getting huge. Without Fallout 3 people may not have ever heard of the Fallout world and the game brought things forth to a new generation. I'm just hoping New Vegas is released as a complete game, because Broken Steel expansion is clearly the rest of the plot for Fallout 3 and with it, it's not such a bad storylline.

Plus fallout 3 just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I see raider heads go bouncing off and rolling until they hit a rock. So I do like the game

Regardless of what everyone thought of fallout 3 i think that the development team thats working on New Vegas will be sure to have elements that fallout 3 fans loved and some good NCR stuff that the older Fallout fans will like too. I'm sure a lot of Fallout van buren has been put into the game as well.

What art said

Oops I mean Mass Effect 2 above.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt this design team for Fallout: NV different then Fallout 3? I thought that I had read it was being farmed out to a difference group but still being published by Bethesda...
    (Kinda like what Bioware did with Neverwinter Nights 2, which I thought sucked)

I'm only real complaint about F3 was the end-game. That was such a HUGE let down.
    "I love the smell of a new 1:6 scale figure, smells like... victory!"

well IMO I thought Fallout 3 was the best ever man being the first Fallout game (later tryed F1 in game tap and loved it) it was just soo new to me and I just couldent resist.

Shaggy, a lot of my info was from PC Gamer's six page article about it.

Well I finally got the low down on the upcoming game.

SPOILERS: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

STORY
    The story will continue some parts of the Fallout and Fallout 2 stories, but will not be related in any way to the one in Fallout 3.

Fallout: New Vegas will take place in 2280, 3 years after the events of Fallout 3 and 39 years after Fallout 2, making this installment set the farthest in the series. The New California Republic will play a major part in the story, in a three way struggle between the NCR, the Caesar's Legion slavers, and the local New Vegas populace.

The player will play as a courier, who was left to die in a shallow grave, rescued by a robot named Victor, and patched up by a Doctor Mitchell (rumors circling now says the character is a couier for the NCR and since the NCR is inhabited by all races; Human, Ghoul, and Super Mutant, that during the Character Selection at the beginning you'll be able to pick your character from one of the three races. This however is Unconfirmed!)

GAMEPLAY
    The gameplay system will be similar to the Fallout 3 gameplay, although some changes have been made.

Hardcore mode
    Aside from the normal gameplay mode, which is similar to how Fallout 3 is played, the game includes an optional "hardcore mode", in which the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant and other changes, making the game more realistic, were made.

Character system
    The SPECIAL system returns, and directly influences speech options and quests. Like in Fallout 3, perks are gained every level.

Combat
    The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or V.A.T.S., is an active pause combat system implemented in the game, just like in Fallout 3. While using V.A.T.S., the otherwise real-time combat is paused. V.A.T.S. also allows the gory deaths in the game to be shown in slow motion and great detail. Attacks in V.A.T.S. cost action points, and the player can target specific body areas for attacks to inflict specific injuries. Unlike Fallout 3, melee weapons now have special moves in V.A.T.S., such as "Fore!" for golf clubs.

Karma and Reputation
    Karma is back, but now incorporated alongside a reputation system, similar to Fallout 2.
    Molon Labe

Shaggy, one thing: you can't cap more than one skill, so you can't have 8 things at 100% skill. Also, I'm kind of mad that VATS is still in the game, it was awesome but could get boring as hell.

Oops, keep forgot that one. Thanks MC.

Proabably will see more of Vegas come E3. So far looks to be a good year for gamers. Now where is Gears of War 3????
    Molon Labe