Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

Happend earlier today 12 dead 31 wounded. RIP. Heard on locla news and on breaking abc news. Still in lock down as thier has been 2 arrests and the shooter has been killed by 2 law enforment officers on base.

Army: 12 die in dual shootings at Fort Hood, Texas - Yahoo! News
    "Land of the free because of the brave."
    Trade references
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ldiermp44.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

As an Army Veteran and a former soldier at Ft. Hood, my Prayers go out to them and their families.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981

My Prayers go out to all the victims of this act of outrage.
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I figured someone would post on it soon. That's insane I wonder what the motives were. Really sad to hear, as if there isn't enough going on with two wars going.
    I LOVE 1:6 WEAPONS!!! :ar15
    Trade References: https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...gelking47.html

Prayers for the wounded and may God bless the families of the fallen. Tragic!

Certaintly my prayers will go out to all involved, MSN now lists 13 dead and 30 injured. RIP!!
    Trade refs.
    FT/FS page.
    Dog training: $50K, Collar: $35, The look on your face when I drop my leash...Priceless

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDrbbtaO0E]YouTube - Mansions of the Lord[/ame]

So very sad.
    "Peace through superior firepower".

Also a veteran from Fort Hood and know the area they're talking about well. Sad day indeed especially when the soldiers inside the building were ones who had just returned from overseas
    Molon Labe

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater

I hate hearing things like this because these are the men and women who protect us and it really saddens me that one of their own committed the act. My thoughts and prayers go out those who died and those who were wounded.

That's insane I wonder what the motives were.

It was a Sgt. I remember they said and he recently converted to islam. Maybe has something to do with that.
    Trade references

A military mental health doctor facing deployment was the shooter. And for that reason of being deoloyed he did this I believe.
    Trade references

The shooter, as major, is alive and in custody according to the Houston Chronicle

12 killed in Fort Hood shooting rampage | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

my thoughts and prayers go out to the brave fallen and wounded, and their families

since he is alive perhaaps we will know what motivated these atrocities

again:
    my thoughts and prayers go out to the brave fallen and wounded, and their families
    "Yeah, well. The Dude abides."

A local young lady was among the wounded, looks like she'll be OK.
    Sorrow for all those fallen, as well as their families and friends.
    Conjecture is best left to the 24 hour news channels, only time will uncover why this tragedy occured.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Why? since when did the insane and disturbed need a reason? Sad sad day indeed.

Hells Half Acre,Texas now at Ft. Bragg, NC

My friend Osvaldo just returned from Iraq. He lives on that side of Ft. Hood. I called him yesterday but he didn't call back until this morning saying he was OK

I was training at Fort Hood last year got injured and went to the hospital on base. Good people there. Our hopes and prayers are with them all. This was painful to watch. Eats you up inside.

Mark

What a difference in tone between this thread and the one I started over at the Sideshow Freaks Forum.
    It didnt take long before it was derailed by cat picture posting attention whores. Some sad folk over there.
    "Peace through superior firepower".

Another example of why OSW is awesome!

Back to the situation...

The more I hear the more my blood boils. Even the Army has been infected with PC. This dirtbag should have been cashiered long ago.

This is a HUGE tragedy that is going to baloon into a media party.

God Bless police Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who ended the suspect's rampage and who in turn was shot and wounded herself. My prayers are with the fallen and their families.

Another terror attack on US soil.

Will, I agree that this guy should have been booted a long time ago. Who was his supervisor? Why did no one take any steps in reaction to prior statements made by this guy? Kimberly Munley, the female police officer who took him down is my new hero.

Same as most of you, my prayers go out to the victims as well as their families.
    Last edited by Steve O.; 11-07-2009 at 01:24.

A terrible day indeed. and just as bad is - why am I only reading about this in today's (local) newspaper? And why aren't the flags waving at half-staff all around country?!?!

In the local paper (Home - Vallejo Times Herald), some comments suggested the shooter was yelling "allah ahkbar" (sp) while firing upon our soldiers - any insight into whether this is true?

This kind of thing really gets under my skin because I know a lot of local liberals (military haters) that jump at any opportunity to defend a f***n terrorist, but when it comes to the people that protect their rights, they would throw them under the bus in a heart beat.

Additionally, I just received a message from my 24yr old niece who is currently serving in Afghanistan in the 118th MP Co - she writes:
    "were doing our best to stay away from things that go "BOOM" but they always seem to find us. this has been an experience let me tell you. i have tons of stories for u all when i get back in may. <snip> we have bad times, worse times and then just times."

---and wtf will she come back to?(present company excluded) A bunch weak-minded, putty-fisted-terrorist-loving-self-serving-ASSholes who would rather she...nevermind.

um - so I just read my previous post - looks very...angry. I hope I did not offend anyone on the board (unless you are a terrorist). I guess my post reflects my personal frustration at not "being able to do anything" about our current predicament. But before anyone says to go sign up for active duty - I have tried when I was in my early 20's and was rejected due to a medical condition. So pissed.

...and now I have heartburn and indigestion from writing this while eating lunch.

I need a nap.

It may seem like it should feel better to start in on other people, but it's not really going to stop the hurt. There's no easy way out on this, anymore than what happens every day in our streets. You mourn your losses, help those that made it, and try to improve things where you can.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

INIT ZERO

Don't you dare Apologize!!! Your post was right on. It makes me sick that anyone would feel any other way.

I have spent countless hours helping Vets, much of the support has come from people who have never served, I hear them say the same thing you have here about wishing they could have served. That is not important it's what you do now that is important. I always tell them " You are the reason we serve our good folks at home is what we are fighting for your support means everything to us that serve"

Keep the Faith Brothers!!!

Just reading about this for the first time now. I'm quite angry. RIP to those who were lost and my sympathies to them, the wounded, all their families and also to my U.S. friends at OSW and elsewhere.

RIP Spc. Jason Hunt. I served my first tour with this kid. What a great infantryman. He left to Ft Hood after we got back.He was going back for his second tour. F the animal that killed him. See you valhalla brother.

Deadsel,

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it feels, but not under these circumstances. Stay strong!

Mark

deadsel - my best wishes to you. God needed some more Guardian Angels.

It turns out that Kimberly Munley is originally from Carolina Beach, North Carolina. We grow 'em right, here in NC.

multiple casualties, no back up and an unknown number of suspects and she runs right in and stops the monster. Awesome beyond words.