High Desert Area

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: High Desert Area

High Desert Area

Anyone know of a place to buy around the High Desert or San Bernardino area? I've tried looking but either I suck at that or theres none. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: High Desert Area

I'm guessing no?

Heya, Silent 05!

Wow... I woulda thought that there'd be something out in the 909! I guess you're gonna hafta make a pilgremage outta the desert and into civilization to find some goodies! Good luck!

Russ
    Proud son of Rose and Wes
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by russcal View Post
    Heya, Silent 05!

Wow... I woulda thought that there'd be something out in the 909! I guess you're gonna hafta make a pilgremage outta the desert and into civilization to find some goodies! Good luck!

Russ
    Proud son of Rose and Wes
    Damn I figured as much. Just hoping I missed something out here. Thanks though.

i don't think the IE is a big enough market to warrant such shops, would be nice though cause in west Los Angeles there is big Lou's Toys and Collectibles at Sepulveda and Sawtelle, dream world comics and collectibles at Washington and Centinela ( Culver City), and puzzle zoo on the thrid street promenade (Santa Monica).

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Only places I know in the IE Oscar is Pagasus Hobbies off Central and the 10. Echobase Toys and that's really it.

I live in the high desert..there is nothing...nada. Find peace and go to Big Lots and gitcha sum Peacekeepers and call it a day. If you are lucky like me..you will find something by accident in a thrift store or the Victor Valley swap meet on Seventh St. behind the Salvation Army. You be surprised what you can make on just penny rolls. When there are no stores you set up shop and make everything from scratch. I found an old paint stir stick, an aluminum can and some old brass tubing at a thrift store. I made a short shotgun with it, that actually breaks apart in the middle to load a single shell. I took some old postal paper and made a custom shotgun holster and belt. I put snaps on it so it can be taken off. I used layers of postal paper. You wrinkle it up really good and coat it with wood glue and stain it. Looks just like leather when cured and durable like hard plastic.

Hello, there's 7-Hobby in La Verne. Close to Claremont. Im in AV and could'nt find a shop up here either.

Unless you really dig around you won"t find much around the High Desert area.The Victorville swap use to be great for picking up stuff but lately not much.I seem to have better luck at yard sales up here.My last big find was two Stuart tanks some guy had in his back yard along with some 21st figures.Quite frankly I didn't think there were any other collectors up my way.

If this is the place I think it is....though he's not there all the time, makes his own hours, near as I can figure, has for years....this guy would probably get/order anything you want to:
    http://www.yellowpages.com/big-bear-...?lid=474742869

Little red and white building, almost looks Santa's workshop-ish.

It's in Big Bear, but only 1/2 hour-40 minutes from Victorville-ish (I have a lead foot, your milage may vary).

Also this place in the Village....but as a guess, everything in the village is geared towards tourists more than hobbyists, but it's worth a shout for some possible info. Most shop keepers up there will "wheel n deal" much better mid week and if they think you'll be more than a one off customer. Retail price is not always retail price. Never hurts to ask.

http://www.thetoygalley.com/

I strongly suggest if you decide to take a trip up there, don't do it when it's snowing, and avoid weekends like the plague. Always call first. Big Bear lives on a different time-space continuim than most of the rest of southern ca. LOL