One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Kansas City gets a brick and mortar store! - Opening Day Pics

5K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Red Dragon 
#1 ·
Timewalker Toys will be opening up 01 July, in Overland Park (a city in the Kansas City area).
Looking forward to this so much, that I drove by and snapped some pics.

9349 West 87th Street Overland Park, KS 66212

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Kansas City gets a brick and mortar store!

That's outstanding. You stay out of there, now. :lol

#5 ·
Re: Kansas City gets a brick and mortar store!

Opening Day Pics!

I had a lot of fun looking around the new shop, most impressive. Got to meet the owners, Steven and Margaret Allen. Very nice folks.

The layout is visually engaging, seeing so many figures together and being able to examine them up close. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. This on the first day, with more to develop as the shop settles in. Quite a few people came thru, while I was there. I had a wonderful time, picked up some things, and look forward to many more trips there.

#11 ·
I agree, it has a bit of a "bookstore" feel. We talked a bit about an old militaria and related hobby store in KC, years ago, 'The King's Crown'. Turned out that Steve would talk his parents into taking him there, as a young man. The Allens are much friendlier than the owner of that store, which is a big plus.

#13 ·
Was able to stop in there myself on Friday and met both Steve and his wife. Great people! It's nice to have a local place again, since GSTG left town. I bought a KP nude and COO models body and have already made plans to return for more. Definitely worth the trip if you are local or nearby.

#17 ·
Got back from my trip to Overland Park, KS yesterday, and I have to say I was very impressed with the store. The displays are great, and has a wide variety of figures representing most of the major players. I had to really curb my enthusiasm from going crazy and picking up more stuff than I had intended; once you see this stuff in person, even things I didn't have an interest in, I was very tempted by.
Had a chance Monday to spend a few hours talking with Steve about all aspects of the hobby, and then again on Tuesday. I also got to spend a couple of hours with both Steve and Margaret on Tuesday. I have to say these are two of the nicest people I have ever met, and very generous with their time. I feel fortunate to have taken the time to go down to the Kansas City area, and to have been able to spend the time with these two very interesting and dedicated people. I wish them all the luck with this business venture. If you ever get a chance to get to the area, you owe it to yourself to check this place out.

#18 ·
Ever since Timewalker brick & mortar store opens in Overland Park, I've found myself buying a lot more figures there than I normally buy online. Steve is so nice to talk to. Highly recommended! Support local business!

I bought Zhao Yun, Liu Bei, Kangxi, and Qin Shi Huang from Steve

#19 ·
Nice collection, chipgau. Steve and Margaret have displayed many figures in such a nice fashion, that I find myself tempted by figures I've never considered collecting before. Like you say, it's a real pleasure visiting there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.