One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Shops in York PA Area?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  davidg 
#1 ·
Nowadays, it is so difficult to find "brick & mortar" locations. I'm having trouble finding anything in the York, Pa or surrounding area. A few years ago there was a modeling shop in Hanover that carried a small assortment of 1/6 scale… but it closed. It seems that the only shops are model railroad and R/C shops like White Roses Hobbies, Tommy Gilberts, & Sweitzer's. These shops can be useful when it comes to tools and scratch build materials, but it would be nice to see some 1/6 scale items.
Please let me know if you are aware of any locations in the York, Harrisburg, Chambersburg, Hanover, Gettysburg area… or any area close by.

#2 ·
Two years ago, I was in the area and found the Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall, 3371 Lincoln Highway East, Paradise, PA 17562. It is in an old strip mall on the north side of the highway. They had a room dedicated to 1/6, including the largest collection I've ever seen of original GI Joe and Marx figures. At the time, they also has a lot of DML and some old SST figures, and some DML hs and accessories carded sets. It sure seemed like Paradise to me!
Hope that helps. I'm going to Gettysburg this month and will let you know if there is anything there.

#4 ·
Two years ago, I was in the area and found the Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall, 3371 Lincoln Highway East, Paradise, PA 17562. It is in an old strip mall on the north side of the highway. They had a room dedicated to 1/6, including the largest collection I've ever seen of original GI Joe and Marx figures. At the time, they also has a lot of DML and some old SST figures, and some DML hs and accessories carded sets. It sure seemed like Paradise to me!
Hope that helps. I'm going to Gettysburg this month and will let you know if there is anything there.
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.