Shops in York PA Area?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Shops in York PA Area?

Shops in York PA Area?

Nowadays, it is so difficult to find "brick & mortar" locations. I’m having trouble finding anything in the York, Pa or surrounding area. A few years ago there was a modeling shop in Hanover that carried a small assortment of 1/6 scale… but it closed. It seems that the only shops are model railroad and R/C shops like White Roses Hobbies, Tommy Gilberts, & Sweitzer's. These shops can be useful when it comes to tools and scratch build materials, but it would be nice to see some 1/6 scale items.
    Please let me know if you are aware of any locations in the York, Harrisburg, Chambersburg, Hanover, Gettysburg area… or any area close by.

The path of least resistance is the path of the loser. -- H. G. Wells

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Shops in York PA Area?

Two years ago, I was in the area and found the Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall, 3371 Lincoln Highway East, Paradise, PA 17562. It is in an old strip mall on the north side of the highway. They had a room dedicated to 1/6, including the largest collection I've ever seen of original GI Joe and Marx figures. At the time, they also has a lot of DML and some old SST figures, and some DML hs and accessories carded sets. It sure seemed like Paradise to me!
    Hope that helps. I'm going to Gettysburg this month and will let you know if there is anything there.
    Mark
    "Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way!"
    http://openrange.freeforums.org/

I'm just outside of Gettysburg. Don't know of any shops anymore. Shoot me a message.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by markh166 View Post
    Two years ago, I was in the area and found the Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall, 3371 Lincoln Highway East, Paradise, PA 17562. It is in an old strip mall on the north side of the highway. They had a room dedicated to 1/6, including the largest collection I've ever seen of original GI Joe and Marx figures. At the time, they also has a lot of DML and some old SST figures, and some DML hs and accessories carded sets. It sure seemed like Paradise to me!
    Hope that helps. I'm going to Gettysburg this month and will let you know if there is anything there.
    I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

The path of least resistance is the path of the loser. -- H. G. Wells

I'm in Harrisburg and don't know of any. Best bet is to check the comic stores. Comics World in Shippensburg have gotten Hot Toys figures in and Cosmic Comics in here in Harrisburg has a few figures but nothing new.

Nicholas Smith Toys & Trains in Broomall, PA has a nice selection of 1/6th scale figures. The store is about the same distance away from me as Lancaster, and York. I run 222, to 476 to get there. Route 3 is an exit off of 476. Check here for directions: http://www.nicholassmithtoys.com/store/go/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by davidg View Post
    I'm in Harrisburg and don't know of any. Best bet is to check the comic stores. Comics World in Shippensburg have gotten Hot Toys figures in and Cosmic Comics in here in Harrisburg has a few figures but nothing new.
    Actually, I guess that's two . Best to call first before making the trek.