One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Anyone been to WAR-Toys in Phoenix?

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  CobraTrooper11 
#1 ·
Has anyone been to he War-Toys store in Phoenix? I've been to Toy Anxiety, and Monkey Depot, how does it compare? I'm new to Phoenix, and the forum, appreciate any help!

#2 ·
Toy anxiety is overpriced but has a good selection. Omar runs war toys but its not a store he doesn't let just anybody come in. I was able to catch him while he was there and I got to go in look around and buy from him. Its like a mini warehouse with lots of stuff on racks. Its worth it if you can get in.

#4 ·
Hey Fella's, Javier runs a little toy show once a month and you can come in and do a lot of shopping. Our little 1/6 group meets there and we usually bring a vehicle or two and what ever else we have been working on. For the show on the 15th of October I am doing a dio and bringing my new M10 TD. Our group is really WWII heavy but we do vary into other eras as well. If you are interested in getting together with other people of similar interests it is a great way to meet and share idea's.

Jeff (Geppetto):thumb

#5 ·
I went to Phoenix a few years back and I was looking for War-toys. Well I thought it was a local store front where I could buy some 1/6 stuff. I talked to the guy that owns that store and he was a freakin jerk to me. I used to shop online at War-Toys but not anymore. Again that dude was rude. I did get to shop at Monkey Depot. Those guys there are professionals and really help you out.

#9 ·
My understanding was that war-toys does not have a "brick and mortar" storefront like the MD guys do? I suppose if I just showed up at a person's house unannounced, I might not be welcomed depending on what time of day, etc.. Anyway, I like war-toys and have never had a problem buying from Javier online.

#10 ·
If I remember right (I'am am old dude), I went to their place when they were located in Las Vegas Nevada. Years ago.
The gentleman let me in as it was really a storefront wherehouse filled with all kinds of boxes of figures and vechicles.
I felt embarassed as I was used to going to Echo Base and their system of open containers, and selling items broken down from boxes.
Anyway, he was very nice and told me to shop on line for things I needed.

#11 ·
Javier bought War Toys a few years ago and moved the operation here to Phoenix. The store is a small space with rows of boxes with all of the parts seperated by figure. Javier has a small desk and a few small back rooms for stock but does not have any display items for the public so to speak. I usually go down with a buddy or two and pick up the latest figure or get a few parts after calling and confirming Javier will be there. Kool dude and tho he is a bit sarcastic (just like me) he is one of the nicest guys you will meet. It's funny becuase some of the remarks about him have become inside jokes with us locals. He is a straight shooter and the best friend our local group could have.

Jeff (Geppetto):thumb

#16 ·
Thanks Hohenstaufen for joining the OSW just for me.
Did you get the package yet?
How long did it end up taking?
YES I am guilty of sending a $50.00 1st class shipping to Canada and refunding the difference in postage back to the customer. The customer contacted me about high shipping before placing the order so I thought I was doing them a favor in saving them money. I did the unthinkable (in their eyes) and sent it 1st class instead of priority. A $50.00 order shipping for $32.00. Well apparently that is what they wanted and I did not do it. So sorry for trying.

#18 ·
Javier's prices and postage rates to the U.K are always very fair. He always refunds when possible.
Great trader in my opinion.

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.