One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Unofficial 1/6 Shopping Guide In Hong Kong

54K views 114 replies 49 participants last post by  turkeyshot 
#1 ·
Dear all,

More and more members are asking me for shopping guide in Hong Kong, so for those who are planning to come, or will have friends or relatives or colleague coming over to my Birth Place, please feel free to go to my gallery for this quick guide. It contains nine main shops in Hong Kong that is distributing and spare parts selling, all within 10 to 15 minutes walk, all around Mong Kok MTR (Underground, Metro... whatever).

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/pho...rt/1/perpage/15/password//ppuser/2606/stype/0

I am afraid you will have to see the pics in reverse order to complete the Tour (sorry!!!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
These pics are not at all authorized by the owners, and if any of you great shops' owners see this, please forgive me for promoting your shops to overseas 1/6 lovers, I love this hobby, and I love all your shops (eventhough I am never a big spender and like to look around many times for items and prices, I am not very rich), and to promote this industry and Hong Kong's Tourism in General, please forgive for any inconvenience that is caused for this publication. I always enjoy shopping at all your great shops! and I am sure all 1/6 lovers/ visitors will do too.

AMMENDMENTS and NOTES on Main plan:
1) CTMA Centre should be location D, while C (Sino Plaza) behind CTMA facing Nathan Road is actually a good place for CDs and DVDs, much much cheaper than HMVs, good as new second hand DVDs and CDs man!!! and on the 12th Floor (use the Lift) there is a big shop for that!

2) If any of you members have problems locating these shops while in Hong Kong, please feel free to contact me at 62929705, I can take you there whenever I can!

Hope this would help you guys, I assure you that things are a lot cheaper here, and if you wanna get 1/6 in HK, these nine shops is it, I go to them everyweek, being so lucky in Hong Kong as I am, I am honored to be sharing with you!

And one last dedication, I would like to dedicated this Guide to Pukingdog, man, I don't know you, but you are one hell of a Military Expert and good Administrator, if I ever was in the Army, I would be happy to serve with you anytime!

See less See more
#111 ·
In's Point and Richmond Centre are the best bets, plus Seven in Ginza Plaza (see above).

The shops don't open much before 5.00 p.m., so around 6-7.00 p.m. is good.

Do In's Point (almost on top of Yau Ma Teu MTR station) first, then walk to Ginza Plaza at No.2 Sai Yeung Choi South Street and there are one or two other 1/6th shops in the Basement apart from Seven, then walk North through the Ladies Market which runs the length of Tung Choi Street. This will score you major Brownie points with the long-haired CO. (Keep your eyes open too - you can sometimes find useful 1/6th bits as well). Haggle at all of the stalls - never accept the first price they give you.

Ladies Market ends on Argyle Street. Look over to your right and you'll see Richmond Centre on the other side of Argyle Street. Start at the top (3rd floor from memory) and work your way down to the basement.

#113 ·
I haven't been to Mongkok or Yau Ma Tei for quite a while, so Calvin Lo might be the guy to give you more up to date info as shops open and close with monotonous regularity as the landlords up rents by 25-50%.

Good news is that Seven has a new shop in Causeway Bay as well as the original one in Mongkok:

Mongkok Shop
Shop E01-02, Basement, Ginza Plaza, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Tel: +(852) 3157 796

Causeway Bay Shop
Shop 247 , Causeway Place, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel : + (852) 3126 4088

There are a couple of other 1/6th shops in the Basement of Ginza Plaza too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.