Japan Kanto Area 1/6th Scale and specialty shops

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Japan Kanto Area 1/6th Scale and specialty shops

Exclamation Japan Kanto Area 1/6th Scale and specialty shops

1)Lazy Cat (Toy Soldier Japan) The selection is not BIG but they have some nice Items from TS.
    Located in Nakanoku, Tokyoshi Japan

2) [email protected] Home to many of the famous Figures seen in Special Figure Magazine. This Shop is rather small (Japanese Real estate is EXPENSIVE) But they are jammed packed with Many Boxed Figures and Accessory Sets from ACE, TS, and loose parts from Dragon and BBI and Hot Toys. This Shop is located in the heart of HaraJuku in Tokyo.

3) Toys-Airmail Japan's Hot Toys Distributor Located in Nakanoku, Tokyo this is a small but packed store. Hot toys, TS, some Dragon few (if any) BBI, A few Loose parts and acessory packs are here in quantity.

4) Volks Shop This is an awesome store... Not so much a Specialty store for Military but for various types of Dolls and Action Figures. 1/6th scale as well as smaller and larger... Military Uniforms and accessories as well as Modern Popular clothing for male and female figures. Paint and products for Diorama building are also available here. There are three location that are notable Two in Akihabara and one in Shin Juku. Aki Habara is by far the largest and best location.

5) Azone is a specialty Shop for Civilian clothing and minor dealings with Military. If you want custom 1/6th scale pop clothing this is the place. This Shop is located in Akihabara but you can find a lot of their products at other shops like Volks and Yellow Submarine

6) Tokyo Joke Shop Awesome place and the largest selection of 1/6 scale figures and accessories in the Kanto Area This is Located near Akihabara in Kinshicho, Tokyo... BBI, Dragon, ACE, TS, Battle Gear Toys, In the past toys and much more.

I hope this information is helpful and if you are in Tokyo drop me an e-mail There are many more places not far from here but these are all the places I frequent. Accessible within 45 min by Train and Bus.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks im looking for 1/6 shop in Tokyo! im going to Tokyo in July.
    Buy my t-shirt and other great designer t-shirt
    http://www.threadless.com/product/40...m=DrawingEvils

Re: Japan Kanto Area 1/6th Scale and specialty shops

hi can i get more specific store in tokyo japan... ill be in tokyo next month

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In addition to the above, if you pick up any of the number of Japanese hobby magazines (Hobby Japan, Dengeki Hobby, Figure King, Model Graphix, etc.) you'll find lots of ads in the back for various shops. Do you read Japanese? If so, the ads usually have pretty detailed maps/directions for finding and getting to the shops. Note that addresses usually don't too much good in Japan, as they don't really go by street and number but rather by district/neighborhood/block/building. You really need a map (and not a tourist map - something that includes landmarks and nearby train stations).

One cool shop to check out is Project 1/6 - Medicom's retail store. Volks is also worth a visit - there are several in the greater Tokyo area. They used to more of a cool garage kit shop with lots of stuff for sale and on display. However, since they've become heavily involved in the ball jointed doll thing, their focus has turned more towards heels, lace and big anime eyes.

One other thing - if you are visiting Japan from abroad, you might find an ok deal here and there, but on the whole, prices in Japan (even with discounts) are higher than other places like the US and HK.

Good luck!

Yeah, the YEN to US$ is pretty bad right now. However, even when the exchange rate was favorable (the last time I was in Nippon was about 10 years ago), the goods were still more expensive too, so this is not a new thing. At the time, I was surprised that I could buy the same anime/manga/toys in the US for less than in the home country.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoniko View Post
    In addition to the above, if you pick up any of the number of Japanese hobby magazines (Hobby Japan, Dengeki Hobby, Figure King, Model Graphix, etc.) you'll find lots of ads in the back for various shops. Do you read Japane...
    You wouldn't have the (editorial) email addresses of these publications by any chance? Searched the web many times for this information, but since I don't read/write Japanese, this is not an easy thing to do. Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Adrenochrome View Post
    You wouldn't have the (editorial) email addresses of these publications by any chance? Searched the web many times for this information, but since I don't read/write Japanese, this is not an easy thing to do. Help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Here are some of the websites for the magazines I mentioned:
    HobbyJAPAN WebSiTE ?????????????
    電撃ホビーウェブ -DENGEKI HOBBYWEB-
    ???????????? mono online ?????????????????????????????

None of the English sections for these magazines, to the extent there is one, are very helpful. Also, you really need the actual magazines to see the ads in the back (and throughout the magazines). If you have specific questions or sections you need help with reading, I can help translate.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoniko View Post
    Here are some of the websites for the magazines I mentioned:
    HobbyJAPAN WebSiTE ?????????????
    電撃ホビーウェブ -DENGEKI HOBBYWEB-
    ???????????? mono online ?????????????????????????????

None of the English sections for these magazines, to the extent there is one, are very helpful. Also, you really need the actual magazines to see the ads in the back (and throughout the magazines). If you have specific questions or sections you need help with reading, I can help translate.
    Thank you very much!

If you're looking for 1/6 scale shops and other toy shops in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. You can check out the link below.

Japan Toy Shops endless rambles

Good info! Thanks! If you ever come across contact info of popular magazines about (1/6 scale) toys, that would also be cool.

heres a 1/6 magazine i just found a few days ago

SpecFigures Books

Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Adrenochrome View Post
    Good info! Thanks! If you ever come across contact info of popular magazines about (1/6 scale) toys, that would also be cool.
    there's a few more mags in here but there in French.

http://www.action-figures.ch/en/cata...2a29031e815166

Thanks! French is good. They are from Switzerland I guess. I'll have a look! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NavySF_Blade69 View Post
    1)Lazy Cat (Toy Soldier Japan) The selection is not BIG but they have some nice Items from TS.
    Located in Nakanoku, Tokyoshi Japan

2) [email protected] Home to many of the famous Figures seen in Special Figure Magazine. This Shop is rather small (Japanese Real estate is EXPENSIVE) But they are jammed packed with Many Boxed Figures and Accessory Sets from ACE, TS, and loose parts from Dragon and BBI and Hot Toys. This Shop is located in the heart of HaraJuku in Tokyo.

3) Toys-Airmail Japan's Hot Toys Distributor Located in Nakanoku, Tokyo this is a small but packed store. Hot toys, TS, some Dragon few (if any) BBI, A few Loose parts and acessory packs are here in quantity.

4) Volks Shop This is an awesome store... Not so much a Specialty store for Military but for various types of Dolls and Action Figures. 1/6th scale as well as smaller and larger... Military Uniforms and accessories as well as Modern Popular clothing for male and female figures. Paint and products for Diorama building are also available here. There are three location that are notable Two in Akihabara and one in Shin Juku. Aki Habara is by far the largest and best location.

5) Azone is a specialty Shop for Civilian clothing and minor dealings with Military. If you want custom 1/6th scale pop clothing this is the place. This Shop is located in Akihabara but you can find a lot of their products at other shops like Volks and Yellow Submarine

6) Tokyo Joke Shop Awesome place and the largest selection of 1/6 scale figures and accessories in the Kanto Area This is Located near Akihabara in Kinshicho, Tokyo... BBI, Dragon, ACE, TS, Battle Gear Toys, In the past toys and much more.

I hope this information is helpful and if you are in Tokyo drop me an e-mail There are many more places not far from here but these are all the places I frequent. Accessible within 45 min by Train and Bus.
    I'm visiting Japan in July, is this list still current?

Quote Originally Posted by katkuru View Post
    I'm visiting Japan in July, is this list still current?

This may be help too my friend
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...kyo-seoul.html

Quote Originally Posted by santopapa View Post
    Thanks!