One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Don't bother trying to go to Legends Die Cast in Bay Area

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  onesixthpolice 
#1 ·
Hey there
Just a note on Legends Diecast and Collectibles Legends Die Cast in the Bay Area around Redwood City. They are never there and don't have official store hours.

Being a collector (aka Madman) I've tried getting into the store FOUR TIMES! I've written them and have gotten a few stories.

On the site it says stop by - I did, and it wasn't open in the middle of the day. i called and no one answered. No machine, either. No posted hours.

I wrote them and they said, "I'm there from 11am to 6pm almost every day, but we don't have official hours." I stopped by and they were not there.

I wrote again. "Did you try knocking?" I went again...no one there.

Not sure how the site is, but don't make a trip out there if you're coming from a long distance! It's crazing making even just driving a few miles! hehehe

:dunno

#2 ·
You should see how HK stores operate then. Most mom and pop shops don't open until after 3 pm. They usually close by 10 pm. Sometimes, some don't even open even though their competitors are opened.

Most are part time gigs since they have day jobs. There are a few "real" stores with regular hours but that is way it works here so its not a big deal.

Sorry to hear about your situation but thanks for the update. Just move on as there are others out there who will work hard to earn your business.

#3 ·
Oh for sure - I'm not so mad at the owner. I'm more upset with myself for trying so many times! :)
I'd love for places to remain open later in the day. It would allow for more visits post-work.
This is, after all, a hobby and meant for fun. There's not way I'm going to flame anyone for being open or not open. :)
This was meant as help in case someone else tried to get over there like I did. I think the website may be the way to go. I just thought it would have been grand to be able to go over in person.
I'll stick with HEROES CLUB in SF! :)

#4 ·
Is this the store in San Carlos? I stumbled across their website and was curious how they were - they seem to have a lot of good stuff listed, though much is out of stock. And malco - do/have you ever buy/bought anything at Heroes Club? I love walking in and looking at what they have on display, but am really put out by the 1.5 - 2.0 x prices they charge. Good place to see stuff in-hand before making a purchasing decision.

#5 ·
Oh yeah - I do buy from Heroes Club. As with many brick and mortar shops, he does face some price war situations. I mean, he has a shop and isn't working out of some warehouse in the woods, right? heheheh
I did make it over to Legends DC finally - fifth times the charm, right? He was actually really nice, helpful and did have some good prices as well. The die cast and 1/6th scale is a strange mix. He has a lot of out of print items and old stuff that I was shocked to see. Like a couple of mint in box CyGirls and a ton of historical stuff like shoguns and the like.
Not sure if I'll be rolling in there all the time (I like Heroes Club and the fact that I don't need to knock and pray to get in :) ) but it was a cool little place.

#6 ·
Greetings! I'm from SF, so Heroes Club is the best place I normally go to- a little more expensive but with the location that's pretty understandable. I found Legends Toys & Hobbies by accident recently when I was home on leave from deployment, and luckily the owner, Mike, answered the door. Very nice store, with lots of early stuff like early BBIs, and plenty of loose items for sale esp. on DIDs. Yes, he doesn't keep any normal hours but he can be reach by email. I went back once more and got some good deals. I guess you just have to catch him!

#9 ·
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to throw you a bone. I live in the bay area too, I have been to Heroes Club and was shocked at how expensive they were. The same day I went I visited a little almost unknown store called double punch. It has hardly any 1/6th Items, I think right now they have a hot toys aldo rain in stock. But on this day I was able to buy a Snake eyes Sideshow for 100. This was about a month ago.

Just thought I'd spread the love in case you find yourself in the city and they have something good in stock.

Good luck guys

#10 ·
I visited Double Punch a couple of days ago. I hadn't visited in quite some time, so it was nice to stop by. They had about 4 1/6 figures (HT Inglorious Bastards, the Seditionist, a Che Guevara / ape figure, and something else). They also have a few Mononofu blind box swords, too. There's a lot of Kubrick and vinyl toys that aren't my thing, but cool to look at.

#11 ·
Just a note on Legends.Every time I called them they were there,either the owner ( Don't remember the name ) or his wife picked up the phone.

Got my Sd.Kfz.222 from them at $600.00 free shipping,because I pre order before the price went up to $700.00 without shipping,saved me over $150.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.