Any 1/6 shops or stores in Cincinnati, OH

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Any 1/6 shops or stores in Cincinnati, OH

Any 1/6 shops or stores in Cincinnati, OH

I am slightly new to the 1/6 scene and I am wondering if anyone knows of any resources in the Cincinnati tri state area.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Any 1/6 shops or stores in Cincinnati, OH

The short answer is no. I lived there briefly myself. Closest thing I know of is a hobby shop In Columbus that has some super old Dragon Germans, like 2 old Dragon WWII Americans, and 2 or 3 old Dragon German artillery/vehicle kits. It's pretty expensive too.

Sadly, the long answer is also no. There are no dedicated 1:6 shops anywhere in the area. There was a place up in West Chester called Cincinnati Sci-Fi that carried some Dragon stuff, but they switched over to mostly comics and card games, and I believe the whole place has even changed names to something more trendy now (I stopped going several years ago).
    The Earth Collectible Toy Mall has some stuff on occassion, but it's basically a toy-centric consignment store, so the selection is extemely hit-or-miss, and they deal mostly in "vintage" toys, so that's probably no use either.

There is a fairly active 1:6 club in the area that meets about once per month, but they (err.. "we" I suppose- I'm technically a member, but I'm never in town during the week, so I can never make the meetings) still have to do most of the shopping online.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That sucks, I have been buying all of my gear off of craigslist and in the toy aisles of Walmart, big lots, target, and even the dollar store. I have only recently started customizing so I have yet to branch out into anything specific yet.

Yeah, we've got nothing here. I collect mainly movie and comic 1/6 figures, and I buy almost all of my stuff online. Occasionally I get an item at a comic book store, and there's a dealer at Traders World Flea Market who carries some 1/6 stuff. If you ever go up there, look for Wilhelm's Collectibles in building 1A. Charlie's a good guy and usually has a halfway decent selection of 1/6 figures.
    Agentofchaos73 on SSF, minivenom on MMMV.

Just to update this post, there is a store in Crescent Springs KY that deals with models and modelling tools. This store is the Hobby Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyXIV View Post
    There is a fairly active 1:6 club in the area that meets about once per month, but they (err.. "we" I suppose- I'm technically a member, but I'm never in town during the week, so I can never make the meetings) still have to do most of the shopping online.
    do you have any information on this 1:6 club in cincinnati?

The club he refered to must be the SSCC, it's the only Ohio based club I know of, you can visit our site here http://ssccohio.weebly.com/index.html or the forums here http://ssccdispatches.yuku.com/

im apart of the SSCC lol but i have been wondering the same thing it looks like Cincinnati is a bust.

Lightbulb Re: Any 1/6 shops or stores in Cincinnati, OH

Amazing how much people miss. For a while, you could go to several Kaybee toys, Johnnys Toys, TRUS, The Earth Toymall, Queen City Comics, Fairfield Hobby Shop, Tuesday Morning, and Big Lots, and find more than you could hope to buy.

Now, you have Big Lots carrying only PTE during the Fall season, Barbie and off brands of 1/6, sometimes getting blowouts of things like the Ghost Busters Collectors Mattel stuff. Johnnys is gone, Kaybee too, TRUS almost never has anything except Barbie like stuff, The Earth is gone and the Fairfield Hobby shop is gone.

it's hit or miss at Tuesday Morning, Queen City Comics can order from Diamond Select if they have stuff in stock, there is a hobby shop in Northern KY that carries 1/6, and some secondary market flea markets and antique / collectibles malls that have 1/6 stuff, and there is a niche market action figure store, but they have a very strange "all sales final" policy on even brand new defective merchandise, which by law as far as I can tell isn't right, but I just decided after one time with them, I just won't buy there again or recommend them either. You want to take a chance on a place like that, sadly I'll let you hunt them down and do business with them.

You just missed a big 2 day hobby show at EnterTRAINment Junction this month, and there was plenty of 1/6 scale stuff for sale there, from both private collectors and a true 1/6 scale store, the newly owned Toychest and Collectibles. The new owner is a member of the current SS-CC, so hook up with them again, and have access to that and the at large club members who are constantly selling, swapping, and buying as they like.

So, there you go, beside doing business online alone.