One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

QCBDC Spring Fashion Doll Show & Sale at EnterTRAINment Junction 4-1-2017

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  DaFather 
#1 ·
Who said that women aren't into 1/6? Barbie came out first in 1959, GI Joe came out in 1964!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/GunShy2005/AskMargie2017/IMG_0337.jpg

Some of the best diorama work many of you have ever seen on this and many other boards, were made because the artists dared cross from the Green aisle over to the Pink aisle, finding things to use that otherwise they would not find in the "Boy's Action Figure Section" alone. Mattel Barbie has been putting out fantastic product for Children's play and Adult Collecting, and plenty of it.

This little figure of "Ham Chuck" I made to use for a diorama of the movie "The Green Berets", I made from a very well "played with" Barbie family figure and shoes, mixed with items from the Hasbro JFK set, and combined with Sideshow, Cotswold, and 21st Century items to complete the scene.

Ultimate Soldier Submitted Photos Page 4450

Quality Vendors, lots of turned on Collectors, plenty of fun. Lots of Barbie and more.

Queen City Beautiful Doll Club | Facebook

Search

They have done many shows before, this is their second show at EJ, another one is set to run later this year.

Stay Tuned ....

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: QCBDC Spring Fashion Doll Show & Sale at EnterTRAINment Junction 4-1-2017

Okay, set up day, did some "cherry picking" among just a few of the 55 tables of stuff that is in this show!!!. I will try tomorrow to cover what I couldn't focus on today.

Vintage toys, dolls, accessories, bodies, heads, wigs and hair, clothing sets, vehicles, boxed sets both open and still sealed, and not just Barbie. Super high end collectibles, with prices that amazed me you could get some of the displayed items for, some I have never seen before, not even online. From 10AM till 3PM, this show is going to fly by.

On to the daily cull of photos ....

So much Doll, so Much Action Figure, you will spend hours just going through all the choices.

Dare to cross over to the Pink Aisle ......

#3 ·
Re: QCBDC Spring Fashion Doll Show & Sale at EnterTRAINment Junction 4-1-2017

Wave 2 of the photos, plus helpful data. I think based on what I heard and saw today, more people came to this Show than the recent Scale Model Expo!!! Barbie people know how to draw a crowd.

Some dealers of note, much so to 1/6 military action figure fans ( did you notice the 1/6 items here and there above? ).

First up .....

Makes custom 1/6 clothing, as well as dealing in figures and related.

This nice lady deals in all kinds of dolls and figures, boxed, carded, and loose. Breaks out boxed sets too.

Hasbro, 21st Century, Dragon, Sideshow, she probably has something you want.

This dealer loves to collect and specialize in MIMB figures, but sells open and loose figures too. She has some of the most awesome stuff I ever saw in one place, and it isn't hard to see why she is one busy lady during this kind of show.

I bought this Gene USO figure from her.

But Gunny, that isn't 1/6, and it doesn't have tons of articulation!!! No, it isn't and it doesn't, but the figure and the price was awesome, and who says you can't combine different scales and types to create an overall mood or use one to attract people to come look closer at the others! There is a complete USO Show accessory set for this figure, and I hope to obtain one to help in future work in supporting Vets in future events.

The next Show date is already set, so mark your calendars now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.