One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

EnterTRAINment Junction Scale Model Expo March 4 & 5 2017

3K views 11 replies 1 participant last post by  DaFather 
#1 ·

The Expo is still FREE to the Public, extra cost to go through the Train Museum, Fun House, and Escape Room.

Changes this year, Vendor tables $25 each, Exhibitors FREE with limited restrictions on sales.

Registration is due by February 10, 2017. Contact Larry Koehl at 1-859-380-8708 or lkoehl@entertrainmentjunction.com for further Expo details and Registration Forms.

Calendar | Entertrainment Junction

See less See more
#4 ·
Still waiting for the "complete" listing of Vendors and Exhibitors to be at this year's Expo, even after the "official" filing date has come and gone, so consider this as a "best as confirmed to date" list.

GunShyCCTV with the Middletown CBOC ( Mixed scales displays and various materials to help Vets obtain their benefits )

SS-CC ( 1/6 )

Matt Voto ( 1/6 )

Balmer Locomotive Works ( 3/4" scale working engines of various power sources and types )

Sycamore Modelers ( various scales of R/C Planes, Boats, Engines, and related )

GCGRS ( G Scale live steam Trains )

1st Luv Collectibles ( 1/32, 1/25, and 1/6 displays and items )

#5 ·
Updated List, latest confirmed.

Maritime Modelers ( Ships and Boats )

More Vendors ....

F&M Models ( 1/6 scale parts, figures, and vehicles )

Cory's Toys ( 1/6 military items )

Barb and Dean ( 1/6 Military WW2 figures, vehicles, tanks, items )

Phil's Toys ( Many1/6 items )

My Vintage Toys and Trains ( 1/6 Vintage and Modern GI Joe, 1/6 Military Action Figures )

James Wilson ( Model Car and Truck kits New and still sealed for sale )

#7 ·
It is confirmed that Bill Melvin will be in the Expo. He does paintings of airplanes, and little dioramas.

Examples from past exhibits and shows he has been involved in.

William Melvin - artist biography - EiseleFineArt

Sadly, the Middletown CBOC will not be attending this year's Expo. I have had them be a part of all of the Scale Model Expo series of events since I sought to have ETJ start them, after the end of the Mini Model Engineering series of shows, and I was able to bring in the Middletown CBOC for the first time to that last event.

A lot of places and events will charge table and registration fees to the VA or other related efforts, as if they are just another Exhibitor or Vendor, which I think a shame as these people are trying to reach out to Vets for their benefits and health care. EnterTRAINment Junction never charged them a dime to be there with me in my area, and gave them the same perks as any other Exhibitor or Vendor in attendance.

Budget restraints now have changed a lot of things in terms of Veteran Outreach within the VA, and as Volunteers get older, getting spread out thinner and thinner as the active numbers of them diminish, the Expo this year will be without them.

If you do shows or events, don't forget the Vets if you can include them if you can.

#8 ·
To say this will be a Monster show, is to put it mildly, if The Great Evil Genius Doctor Zorkon has anything to say about it!!!

Behold the Wedding Reception of Frankenstein and His Bride!!!! Pictures don't do this work of art justice, something new to see all 360 degrees around it.

Want 1/6 Vending? Plenty of it, from loose to still on the card or in the box, from Accessories to Rides. Again, just a taste from the Expo Setup.

Is it just 1/6, or all military? NO, it has quality work from lots of hobby bases!!! Again, just from the setup.

Stay Tuned ........

#10 ·
Okay, lets get cracking on some more pictures.

Companies like Bandai SH Figurarts, Monsterarts, Neca, Figma, Comicave, Square Enix, Medicom Mafex, the list just goes on, that smaller scales from non scale, 1/144, 1/100, 1/60, 1/12, 7 inch, 1/9, 1/8, 1/7, odd scales measured by saying things like "this tall from head to foot and this long from head to tail", are proving that small can be big, on detail, articulation, quality of materials ( some boasting 75% diecast metal ), accessories, effect parts, special effects, extra body, head, hands, all kinds of figure prime parts, and plenty of subject material, many times ignored in larger scales, clearly setting a new bar for customer satisfaction and play value. There are many groups and individuals all over the web, making video and detailed still picture reviews of just about every figure made, many times from releases abroad before those products reach the US. Other figure companies are hence raising their products to these new levels and expectations of the consumers, for both collectors and hobbyists alike.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Here is 1/6, combined with a non scale figure, accessories that were selected from an erasure set that is made as a collectible on it's own right, and a little high tech.

If you couldn't see what was going on in that Ghostbuster Mini from the stills, all will soon be clear.

Big Shout Out to The Mad Evil Genius Doctor Zorkon for the unexpected gift of a behind the scenes book about the making of the movie concept, to add to my little dio to make it better.

He gave me a little bit of advice, in telling me, " Treat every show as your last ...". Wise words Doctor, wise words.

Stay Tuned .....

#12 · (Edited)
In sending out links, I came to find I missed posting 4 photos from the 2017 Expo, which I fix now, and it seems fitting these get featured in this last post. The Cinder Sniffers are IMHO, the Ultimate Model makers, and not just static models they make, but from original blueprints, scaled down into new drawings, castings produced, machined, assembled and tweaked into running condition Trains, and they are run on their own custom train layout on 3 acres of land, accommodating 5 gauges. These trains are able to pull their engineers and a few cars of riders along the complete and fully detailed course. Truly the ultimate of sight, sound, and motion in modeling!!! Clearly not something you can just go buy, rip open the box, and start playing with.

Cinder Sniffers Newsletter

These guys were around when the Show at EJ was the Mini Model Engineering Show, which was ended for various reasons. I then asked the following year if EJ would consider doing a new series of Shows, open to ALL kinds of model making and related hobbies, not just one genre, or scale, or topical theme. Hence from the EJ Show Manager ....

The 2016 edition of the Model Engineering Show is getting a new name. We are calling it The SCALE MODEL EXPO, a name that better conveys the message that the show is a showcase of high quality scale model work of all kinds.

The time it takes to make these working jewels is beyond the experience of most other hobbyists, as new pieces just don't get popped out in a few weeks, or even months, and because they can't be run at the Expo, maybe beyond running the lights and bells, many times they get just a quick glance before people move on to other things. The new series of Expos are indeed wide open to many hobbies, and these guys are indeed in many ways the pioneers. Proof you can do something beyond just staring at screens with pixel items running about, and instead of wishing there was a show to go to, you can make your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.