1:6 Show So-Cal Septermber 14th

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1:6 Show So-Cal Septermber 14th

1:6 Show So-Cal Septermber 14th

I've not seen any promotions for this but there is a 1/6 show on Saturday September 14th at Frank & Sons.

I'll be bringing a bunch of 1/6 stuff along with a friend, but to be honest I have not heard much else.

Info here:

http://veteran-store.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1:6 Show So-Cal Septermber 14th

The show must go on!
    I spoke with the show organizer, and the vendors and shoppers will be there on Saturday. Also there will be a 1/6 scale diorama display with tanks and buildings. Have a great time!
    The fate of the World is in your hands.

wow, I didn't hear anything about this either! And I sold at FAMCON this year...bummer would have liked to have gotten a booth. But maybe I'll pass by and check out what they have.

Thanks for posting this.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the geek has come!
    link to >>> Flickr or My Collection

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

man, too little to late for info.
    Hail Cobra!

I agree, the group did not give enough heads up on the date. Secondly there website does not give any details who, what and where they have made "1/6" event.

Does this group chat on OSW? They are from Downey?

1/6 is a unique community, it would have been great to go down there.

Tony
    Los Angeles

Well Im late to the party. Bummer. Would have loved to check it out. I check Frank N Sons site farily often and it sucks that there was no word on this.

There was a fellow handing out info at the 1/6 expo last may for this show. The AZ crew gave some consideration to making the trip but with little to no info and the lack of promotion we declined. This hobby isn't big enough to have big shows anymore and so it just makes little sense to spending money and time to travel. I feel that with some solid backing from the manufactorers and distributors a good show could be had again. Tie it in with other scales and interests (airsoft for example) a show that would draw people could be done. Would be interested in seeing any photos of the show and get a read on the turnout if any.

Jeff (Geppetto)

Did anyone go? I was sick so I couldn't make it. I would like to know how it was.

I was there and yes, it was a small turn-out. Few dealers and fewer people coming in to check it out.
    It really could have used more advertising. Still, there were some nice items for sale and I picked up a few pieces for the collection. Overall, well worth the trip.

Yankee1919, the website from the first post in this thread has the what, when and where. Not sure how much more information you needed.

No, the "group" (I guess you mean the man that put this on) as far as I know does not come to this or any other board.

Quote Originally Posted by Geppetto2 View Post
    There was a fellow handing out info at the 1/6 expo last may for this show. The AZ crew gave some consideration to making the trip but with little to no info and the lack of promotion we declined. This hobby isn't big enough to have big shows anymore and so it just makes little sense to spending money and time to travel. I feel that with some solid backing from the manufactorers and distributors a good show could be had again. Tie it in with other scales and interests (airsoft for example) a show that would draw people could be done. Would be interested in seeing any photos of the show and get a read on the turnout if any.

Jeff (Geppetto)
    Jeff, coming from AZ to visit this show would have been a BIG mistake.

There is no way in the world the manufacturers and/or distributors would get together to do anything. That's one major reason why WOH (Weekend Of Heroes, for those that don't know) died off. Couldn't get support from any company. And he did tie it in with airsofting, and that just made the actual 1/6 part of the show that much smaller. The Burbank Joe show brings in plenty of dealers and hundreds of attendees twice a year, all with no backing from anyone and no gimmicks.
    "Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown. For Thine is the kingdom, & the power & glory forever, Amen." SF Prayer