The DFW G.I. Joe and Action Figure Show II

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: The DFW G.I. Joe and Action Figure Show II

The DFW G.I. Joe and Action Figure Show is back for 2013! The members of the Dallas / Fort Worth G.I. Joe Collector's club are extremely pleased to announce our second official show. Both the attendance and the overwhelming positive response received from the 2012 show far exceeded the clubs expectations so we figured we’d do it again…

So what’s changed? Well, we’re changing our venue and doubling our vendor space. Table cost will be $50 each before September 1st, and will then be $65 after that date. Booths will be $110 for a three table U shape sales area. The booth price will increase to $140 after September 1, 2013. For those of you that are interested in reserving table space you might want to do that sooner rather than later as we’re already starting to receive requests from individuals who want multiple table space/booths and we sold out early for the 2012 show!

As the name of the show states, this show is just not solely about G.I. Joe in his various incarnations or size but about his action figure brethren as well. So, no matter what your taste in action figures you'll be able to find it at the show!

As to the specifics;

When – Saturday, September 21, 2013
    Where – The Grapevine Convention Center 1209 South Main Street Grapevine, Texas 76051
    Time - 10:00 - 4:00

If you have any questions please feel free to E-mail me at [email protected]. If you would like to participate in this show as a vendor please contact Keith Holmes, the show organizer, at [email protected].

So, if you happen to be either a G.I. Joe collector or an action figure collector please come on out and join us for our 2013 show! This is your chance to find that unique item that you’re collection is missing.
    All GI Joe and action figure collectors are welcome and admission is just $5.00 per person at the door! Family admission will be $10.00. Boy Scouts in uniform, Military, Police, Firemen and other Law Enforcement Personnel will be allowed in free with a current and valid ID.

For all of the up-to-date information check out the DFW GI Joe and Action Figure Show Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW-G...970730?fref=ts

Thanks,

Michael

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: The DFW G.I. Joe and Action Figure Show II

Hey Michael, I'll see you there!

so I gotta go all the way to Big D for a Joe Show?! what ever happened to the Houston Joe Show?
    "Yeah, well. The Dude abides."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Petey View Post
    so I gotta go all the way to Big D for a Joe Show?! what ever happened to the Houston Joe Show?
    Actually it moved to Dallas for three years and then fizzled out! Then our local club stepped in and started our own show a year or so ago.

Good morning all! We're officially at the one month mark!

When you get a chance make sure and check out our new show website at http://www.dfwjoeshow.com/Home_Page.html . There you'll be able to find the figure and dio contest rules along with pictures from last year’s show as well as other helpful information.

Thanks,

Michael

Just an update as we are getting closer to the show. We are almost sold out on dealer space. Here is the current list and we have a few more to add. More info at www.dfwjoeshow.com

1.) Greg Brown (Cotswold Collectibles) will be bringing a huge selection of 12” Elite Brigade uniform sets and accessories, boxed Very Hot sets, and vintage G.I. Joes for sale.

2.) Asiavik Toys will be bringing a huge selection of 12” Vintage and new G.I. Joe figures and vehicles, M.A.S.K. figures and vehicles, Star Wars figures and vehicles, 1\6th scale parts and other Sci-Fi Toys as well as 40th G.I. Joe figures, Ultimate Soldier figures, and Dragon & SOTW figures.

3.) Eva Thompson (Private Collector/ Eva’s Junque Shop) will be bringing a huge selection of 12” G.I. Joe vintage figures, vintage uniform sets and vintage accessories for sale as well as other 12” G.I. Joe boxed figures.

4.) Dustin Bertsch (Taterbot’s Domain) will have a large assortment of hard to find resin casted 3 ¾” G.I. Joe modern and vintage figure accessories and parts. These include numerous figure heads (both female and male), lots of equipment (backpacks, helmets and headgear) and some 3 ¾” G.I. Joe vehicle parts. He will also have fully painted custom 3 ¾” figures for sale at the show. He will also be selling extra 3 ¾” figures that they have accumulated over the course of casting as well as other hard to find G.I. Joe figures as well.

5.) Cory Lord (former owner of Toy Chest and Collectibles) will have a large selection of 12" G.I. Joes, 12” Dragon figures, 1/6th scale vehicles, custom figures, New Line Miniatures, and many other rare and hard to find items for sale.

6.) Noel Gross (Piranha Toys) will be showing off his "This Old G.I. Joe HQ" project as well as selling 80’s G.I. Joes, vinyl figures and a huge selection of tees.

7.) Ed Wood (Private Collector) will have a large collection of 12” vintage G.I. Joe figures for sale as well as other items.

8.) Wayne Schoenberg (Private Collector) will have a large collection of 12” G.I. Joe and 12” Ultimate Soldier action figures and carded uniform sets for sale as well as 1/18th Ultimate Soldier carded figures, and die-cast vehicles.

9.) Leslie Burkett (Private Collector) will have a large selection of 1/6th scale WWII figures, vehicles and equipment as well as a large assortment of 1/144 scale aircraft for sale.

10.) Trent Gregg (Private Collector) will be selling items from his personal collection. These include a wide selection of Transformers figures, 3 ¾” G.I. Joe figures, as well as numerous video game and comic book related action figures. He will also be selling comic books as well.

11.) Greg Patterson (Parkway Jewelry and Loan) will be bringing a huge selection of 12” Vintage and 40th G.I. Joe figures, Ultimate Soldier figures, as well as Dragon & SOTW figures. He will also have a large selection of vintage G.I. Joe figure accessories as well as other collectibles for sale.

12.) Jason Bazan (Private Collector) will be bringing 2000 and up and 25th anniversary 3 ¾” inch G.I. Joes and vehicles, Marvel select figures, Secret Wars and Super Powers ction figures, various DC and Marvel toys, 90s to current Star Wars 3 ¾” figures, superhero Hot W heels, non-poseable Transformers, newer Battlestar Galactica items, superhero t-shirts as well as comics

13.) Jeff Lee (Private Collector) will be bringing large and small statues from Game of Thrones, Superman the movie, Tomb Raider, and more. He will also have a large selection of Pop vinyl figures from Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, Marvel Legends figures (both old and new), DC Universe figures as well as Batman the Dark Knight figures, and several small Japanese iterations of Marvel and DC character statues.

14.) Duncanville Bookstore will be bringing a huge assortment of vintage and modern 3 ¾” G.I. Joe figures and vehicles. They will also have a large assortment of 6” Marvel Legends figures, 3 ¾” Marvel Universe figures, 6” DC Universe figures, assorted Transformers, and other action figures.

15.) Trey Whitlock (Diamondback Comics) will be bringing a huge assortment of boxed and loose 12” G.I. Joe figures, vintage G.I. Joe figures, Action Man figures, superhero figures and 12” Dragon figures.

16.) Nathan Stout (Renegade Anime) will be bringing a large assortment of anime model kits, G.I. Joe figures and Star Wars figures.

17.) Haz Ardis (Private Collector) and Dustin Clark (Private Collector) will have a large selection of 12" Adventure Team themed figures, 1/6th scale vehicles, as well as "tons" of loose pieces/parts and other loose vintage items for sale at the show.

18.) Eddie Medina (Artist) will be selling his “pop culture” art prints.

19.) Ron Bolton (Private Collector) will have a large selection of vintage Star Wars figures (both carded/boxed and loose), various carded/boxed Mego figures as well as loose Mego figures, vintage boxed and loose 12" G.I. Joe figures, vintage He-Man figures, an assortment of exclusive super hero figures and various pop culture toys from the 1980's.

20.) David Foret (Private Collector) will have a huge selection of both boxed and lose vintage 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures for sale.

21.) Star Garrison of the 501st Legion (Club) members will be on hand for free photo opportunities.

22.) Homer Patterson (Private Collector) will have over 1000 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures and 120 G.I. Joe vehicles for sale as well as a one of a kind custom Cobra Flagg ship for sale. He will also have a selection of vintage Star Wars figures and vehicles available as well as 2000 Hot Wheels cars, G1 Transformers and vintage Buck Rogers items.

23.) Walt Bechtol (Private Collector) will have a large assortment of 3 3/4" G.I. Joe action figures and assorted accessories, a variety of new and used Hot Wheels and other 3 3/4" action figures (both new and used) for sale at the show.

24.) Mark Spencer (Private Collector) will have “tons” of vintage 12” G.I. Joes, some modern 12” G.I. Joes, 3 ¾” vintage G.I. Joes, as well as vintage vehicles and accessories for all, as well as some Star Wars items as well.

25.) Louis Simmons (Private Collector) will have plenty of G.I. Joes! These will include both 3 3/4” ARAH and modern, plus quite a few vehicles and “tons” of accessories. Louis will also have Transformers and other 80's action figure lines for sale at the show.

26.) Cole Houston (Private Collector) will have a variety of loose action figures, some statues, and other toys and collectibles for sale at the show as well as a limited number of Official Pix Star Wars "Executive Order 66" Clone Trooper prints. He will also be promoting The JediCole Universe (http://www.jedicole.com/) and the Convention Awareness Project – Texas (http://conventionawarenesstx.blogspot.com/).

...and lots more to be announced shortly!

thanks
    Keith

Good morning all! We're just five short days out from what looks to be an incredible show.

I'll be posting some BIG news later this evening on the show Facebook page.

For those of you that have not "liked" the show Facebook page please do and please spread the word to any and all that you think might be interested. This show is truly for the fans by the fans!

Also make sure to check out our brand spankin' new show web site at dfwjoeshow.com.

Thanks,

Michael