One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Ammo Crates....Tired of waiting

8K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  vince 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I am new here but I feel that I am in the spirit of things.I am sick and tired of waiting for someone out there to come up with ammo crates. Everywhere we went we had crates and crates of Ammo.... so....you would think that one of these Major Manufactures would produce one. Right? Well ...how long has this industry been moving along? I mean if "I" produce these will the market come to me? Here is my first offering...this is the wooden master.... I plan on molding it and casting in resin. If it works I'll do more........like open crates of frag and smoke grenades. Would you all like to see that? Here's a "sneak peak". Please tell me what you think. Thanks for letting me rave. I apologise if the images are big... I dont know how to reduce. Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
Heya, Ken!

VERY nice! I'd been putting some thought into how to make up these and it looks like you got it figured out!

Thanx for sharing... and inspiring!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

#3 ·
Good Morning Russ,
I just cannot beleave that noone has done this yet....(good for me),
I already produce 1/72 models in resin so this is just a "hop, skip, and a jump" and it's done.
I made it out of wood hoping the wood grain will translate into the mold and then the resin.
I figure that I'll do this, and one that's open (showing two ammo cans),
then I'll do grenade boxes (Frag and Smoke) open and closed.
Think they will be welcomed out there in the world?
Ken

#6 ·
Hi Ivan,
I am basing this project on the ones used by US forces.
(maybe some NATO)
If you could get me some links to others.....
perhaps I'll make some of those.
I remember riding in my M113 and the whole floor was covered with the wooden crates.
Sometimes stacked 2 high, we barely had room inside.
Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.