Head Sculpt and painting question

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Head Sculpt and painting question

Head Sculpt and painting question

I've seen a few tutorials on how to do a head sculpt from scratch and how to paint one. My question though is, how can you modify a head sculpt? I just bought a head sculpt:

I'm fine with the face cause I think it would be good for my bash but I just want to change the mouth. I want his mouth to be a little open like a scowl. Also want him to be able to hold a cigarette in his between his teeth. How can I do this?

Now my other question. I was looking at this motorcycle. It's the 1:12 Suzuki GSX R-600 by Maisto:

I was looking to repaint parts of it silver. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet but was just wondering if anyone here had any into on the product. Can you take it apart easily? and because it's a diecast model how do I repaint the metal? Primer? Also, most importatnly, will 1/6th figures fit on it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Head Sculpt and painting question

exacto blade &/or 1:1 dental tools work well for 1:6 dentistry

What do you suggest I do with the exacto knife? Just cut the lips open?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yes. carefully

Cutting open the lips will give you enough room to put a cigarette but it won't do any of the other mods you are looking for. Basically, to change the expression you will need to complete resculpt the mouth area, especially if you want the mouth open enough to show teeth. You will need to sculpt in the teeth, redo the lips, change the area around the mouth to match the change in muscle movement from an open mouth. If you are comfortable sculpting it probably isn't a big deal; if you are not, you would be better off finding a sculpt that starts off looking more the way you want.

For your second question about the size of the motorcycle, you answer it yourself in the description. You wrote it is 1:12. That is just a slightly different way of writing 1/12 which means it is half the size of a 1/6 figure. If you want a motorcycle to fit a 1/6 figure you need the motorcycle to be 1/6 scale and there have been a bunch made over the years from companies like New Ray.