Timothy Dalton 007 from TLD - Newbie 1st custom figure questions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Timothy Dalton 007 from TLD - Newbie 1st custom figure questions

Question Timothy Dalton 007 from TLD - Newbie 1st custom figure questions

Well my painted Timothy Dalton head sculpts arrived last week and the miscellaneous bits and pieces have also started arriving from the US and China, so I've started kinda piecing the first figure together.... The bodies I'm using are the Hot Toys TTM18 narrow shoulder version.

The first figure I'm putting together will be from the defection scene where Bond has to take out a Russian sniper as a Russian Colonal defects. In the film 007 dons a padded shooting glove on his left hand, so I purchased a pair of Dragon DML fingerless tactical gloved hands to get the one gloved hand. The rifle he uses is the Walther WA 2000. Since the grip on the 21st Century toys rifle is not contoured like the real gun, the TTM hands do not grip it realistically so I'll need to work on modifying the grip to better fit the hand. When I compared the supplied TTM hands with the DML hands, the DML hands are a bit smaller than the TTM and placing the DML hands on the rifle, they don't grip it any better, but they appear to be more correctly scaled than the TTM hands. Checking the toy rifle length against the real gun, it appears it is very close to 1/6th scale.

So my first build question is are the TTM hands oversized?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Timothy Dalton 007 from TLD - Newbie 1st custom figure questions

Those TTM hands should not be over sized. I remember the Ultimate Soldier bodies and I think they had pretty big hands. I have a WA2000 for my Hitman figure and his gloved hands (Don't remember the brand) and they work fine with the rifle. You might need to get a few different hands to experiment with. Leftovers can go to your parts bin for future projects.
    "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."
    Trade feedback:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ghlight=spyder

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    Those TTM hands should not be over sized. I remember the Ultimate Soldier bodies and I think they had pretty big hands. I have a WA2000 for my Hitman figure and his gloved hands (Don't remember the brand) and they work fine with the rifle. You might need to get a few different hands to experiment with. Leftovers can go to your parts bin for future projects.
    So the DML hands are slightly undersized?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sometimes it's not so much about size, but more about the sculpt of the hands. One thing you can do is heat the hand in boiling water, then pose it on the gun. Once youre happy with the pose, hold onto the hand and gun and run cold water over them. This will hold the pose.
    "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."
    Trade feedback:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ghlight=spyder

Received my last set of hands for my Dalton figures and the ones I ordered separately seem to be a bit smaller in scale.....

Timothy Dalton 007 from TLD - Newbie 1st custom figure questions-hand-compare-jpg
    Is it my imagination or is the TTM hand larger than the other two? The top hand is the Robber Joker Hot Toy Phicen black glove hand, the center is the TTM-18 hand and the bottom is the Dragon/DML tactical gloved hand.

Thanks all....

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    Spyder, care to post a couple pictures of the rifle/gloved hands on your Hitman figure?

THANKS