One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Modifying a gun hand - NEWBIE question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  j007klein 
#1 ·
I'm doing another Dalton figure from The Living Daylights... particularly the attire and accessories 007 had at his disposal during Koskov's "defection". I found a 1/6 Walther WA 2000 but due to the way the grip is made on the rifle, a standard gripping gun hand (or at least the one that came with my TTM18 style body) is in a really awkward position. I have attached a few pics to illustrate the position the hand is in when "gripping" the rifle grip.

Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Shotgun

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun accessory Gun barrel

Hand Arm Gesture Finger Wood

Eyebrow Cosmetics Finger Wood Writing implement

Any idea of where to get the correct hand or how to modify this one for a more realistic grip on the gun?

Thanks for your input!!

See less See more
#2 ·
It may take a few tries but if you get the hand really hot......hot water or blow dryer, then "mold" the hand to your liking while it's holding the WA2000. You need to be quick but if/when you find the right pose, run the hand under cold water while its holding the rifle.

#3 · (Edited)
I did a bit more research on the WA 2000 and found that the grip of the rifle is more contoured to fit your hand....

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Wood

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

unlike the 1/6 rifle that is more 2x4 shaped....

View attachment 406076
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Hardwood

Writing implement Liquid Pen Wood Office supplies

Musical instrument Violin family Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory

With that, I think I'm going to first reshape the grip and then tackle the hand. Watch for my thread under the Weapons Mods & Customization files....

Thanks Spyder for the input!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.