One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Ideas for fabrics to make drapey clothes?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Aria 
#1 ·
I want to make try to make 1/6 scale Greek, Roman and Medieval clothing, like togas and cloaks and tunics, so... lots of big shapeless pieces of fabric that are pinned or belted.

It seems like it would be pretty hard to find a fabric that drapes realistically at such a small scale. All I can come up with so far is those very fine microfibre cloths for cleaning glasses and lenses. Anyone have any other ideas or good tips, or types of fabric to look for?

#2 ·
My advice would be to check out a Joann's Fabrics or similar store for all sorts of fabrics that could work.. I wasn't all that familiar with the multitude of fabrics out there but found what I was looking for to sew together cloth and leather for a 1/6 Thief figure I created last year. I was amazed how many different types of fabrics are available and for minimal price (cost me an average of $3.00 for each 1-2 feet of material).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.