One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The Monster Mash (Up)

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Scimitar 
#1 ·
I've recently set about trying to put together a Universal Monsters display, mainly from the Sideshow versions, and a few modded Hasbro ones, to save on costs. The Mummy has got a shrunken Hasbro head on on a cheap Dragon body, I think, which works fine, and I'm happy with the Bride as she is, maybe just a light repaint.

As the SS buck is pretty outdated and riddled with limp joints I'm planning to re-body most. However I can't work out what bodies Frankenstein, he wants to be the same height but a bit thicker, and be able to have the neck and head swapped over.

Any suggestions on a suitable body? I was eyeing up an Ace Workshop body online. Looking at Frankie he has longer arms too, is there a way of swapping his forearms over, or would I literally have to frankenstein the arms together?

I also have no clue on where to start with the Creature form the Black Lagoon...

#3 ·
I'll keep that in mind for next time!

I hadn't put much thought into the Creature, but that would work for the head and hands. I just need to work out how to do his suit.
I was actually looking at a 1:6 Dracula kit, as the Sideshow Drac is going for a pretty penny.

#4 ·
While I do love the old classic movie monsters, monster figures really aren't my thing but I do try to help when I think I might have a useful suggestion. As for Frank's body, have you considered just using a regular but somewhat buff body with padding under the clothes? As for the longer arms, you could try doing the opposite of what many customizers do to make a figure of shorter stature. What they do is remove sections of the biceps and forearms (along with the torso, thighs and calves) of a figure and then glue them back together so that they're shorter. I'm thinking it would be fairly simple to do something similar but add extension pieces rather than removing material.

I really have no idea how important articulation is to you and that's why I suggested the vinyl kit. If I was putting something together like what you have in the works, then it wouldn't matter to me that the Creature (considering that it doesn't wear clothes) had no articulation if it looked good in the display. I personally detest visible joints (I hate neckless sculpts for that reason) and prefer aesthetics over visible articulation.

As for Dracula, I can't really make any recommendations as far as any specific clothing or accessories are concerned. There might be some suitable Victorian era clothing available from one of the recent Sherlock Holmes themed figures or something but that might cost even more than the Sideshow figure. As for a Dracula head sculpt, the only head that I've seen that looks like Bela Lugosi (that's the look you want, isn't it?) besides the Sideshow figure is another vinyl kit.

Movie Dracula VLAD Bela Lugosi 1/6 Figure Vinyl Model kit 11inch | eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.