One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Dying a 1/6 molle holster - grey to black

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Scimitar 
#1 ·
I am trying to kitbash a Benecio Del Toro custom figure from the final scenes of Sicario. I have the molle holster from the Soldier Story SOAR figure but it's a dark grey and I would like to color it black. For anyone that perhaps has done this before, which would be a better method? To use the Rit Liquid Dye with fixative and follow the directions on the label or the non-bleed fabric markers?

I also know that the Soldier Story CIA version 2 figure has this black holster, but I really can't afford to buy the whole figure for just that one holster and my searches on ebay and the forums here are not yielding any positive results.

Any suggestion would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
You can probably find the information that you're looking for in this thread:

Question about dyeing gear

However, for something so small, I would just use a black Sharpie laundry marker. They're inexpensive and you should be able to find them at both department stores and grocery stores. I've used them to recolor both small and large items and they work quite well but are a bit time consuming for larger items.

#4 ·
You're welcome. In the future, you would be better off posting such questions in the main discussion forum as it gets much more traffic than the sub forums. Good luck with your project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.