One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Crafting plate armors

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Lynkhart 
#1 ·
Hi, guys,

For months now I've been haunted by the idea of making a 1/6 D&D paladin, mostly based on my character from Icewind Dale.

Art Armour Sculpture Darkness Breastplate

Of course my first thogh was using a marx full plate. But i am curious i can craft something more fantasy oriented. I will use a neodragon body for this base.

Of course i do nof intend use real metal, i was thinking about something flexible thai can dye witb metallic so m question: what i can use to cute the pieces? any ideas or tips?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi everyone. Thanks for the tips. some considerations: 1) I am not a skiller customizer so I guess I will skip working with tin cans for now. :) 2) I wonder what is the recipe for plastic you suggested, Pickle Munkey? 3) Painted leather is a great idea, Lynkhart!

#8 ·
Styrene can be cut with a scalpel (or sharp scissors depending on thickness) - just use the blade to score your lines and you can usually just snap it apart.

I used painted styrene for the shoulder pieces on this fig - I can't get Flickr to work with my phone so have a link instead!

Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.