One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

UDT seal custom build

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  James Vibert 
#1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question, does anyone know what sort of explosives a modern UDT seal uses today and if their is any chance of purchasing something along those lines off ebay? Many thanks

#2 ·
Hello James, and welcome to OSW2! I think your best approach may be using info from a couple of sites, then picking particular types of explos, initiators, cord and fuse, and Google Image searching them (or use any other search engine you prefer). That should show you images that you could try to find, or to bash together. At least one 1:6 specop figure came with several breaching charges, tho I cannot remember which it was. There's a lot of WW2-era 1:6 demo stuff that has been made, some of which might be similar, but the real stuff would probably have been disposed of, destroyed, sold by now.

An old thread here aboard, has a printable - Plastic Explosives

As for the sites, one of which has a downloadable .pdf file, here they are:

FM 3-34.214 (FM 5-250) July 2007

https://info.publicintelligence.net/USArmy-Explosives.pdf

Explosives (This is the work of Paul Mulcahy, related to the game system Twilight 2000)

Best of luck!

Mike

#4 ·
Many thanks for your reply, sorry for slow reply, I have only just seen your reply now, Mike I have decided to use white tack wrapped in cling film to depict C4 explosive charges, I have also bought a small black satchel bag for the explosive charges too, I don't know if you have any suggestions for 1:6 scale detonator caps do you? Many Thanks James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.