Tattoo for phicen.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Tattoo for phicen.

Tattoo for phicen.

Sorry if this has been done to death. I searched but couldn't find a conclusive answer. New guy here, my first phicen is on the way. This forum has been a huge help already.

What I'm looking to do is add some tattooing to a figure. Wondering if anyone came up with a tried and true method yet. I was thinking a thinned thin layer of silicone flesh colored, then the water slide decal, not sure if it should be applies while base is still tacky or not, then another thinned thin layer of silicone as a kind of shield or sealant. I'm not apposed to trying this but if it's already been proven not to work I'll save myself some time and money and try something different. What say yall?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Tattoo for phicen.

Nothin? Crickets........

You know, I'm really curious as well. If you do try, I'd love to hear your results. I've been working on designing water slide decals in photoshop for other figures, and I've always been a bit sad I haven't figured out a good way to do tattoos on seamless bodies.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Silicone is notorious for being difficult to stick things to, so I'd be very surprised if a decal would work. Still, it's certainly worth a try! If you don't want to fork out for custom ones, maybe try nail decals - they're super cheap and easy to get hold of so they'd be ideal to play around with. I know they work on plastic bodies as I use them for tattoos myself.

Not sure if this has been answer not sure about a phicen yet I can tell you that temporary tattoos work on a very cool 3.0 body. Going to be trying a phicen and jiaou doll later this weekTattoo for phicen.-img_20180411_112539_167-jpg

Ok so tried a temporary tattoo on a phicen this morning they work.Tattoo for phicen.-20180413_080945-jpgTattoo for phicen.-20180413_080945-jpg

Has anyone tried PlatSil Gel 10 mixed with silicone pigment? It's what the special effects artists use on the silicone prosthetics and props.