One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

taping clothes to limbs, what tape?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  spiderrogue 
#1 ·
I know Hot Toys did this with at least one Stormtrooper body to keep pads in place- I need to tape some sleeve segments to a forearm to keep them in place underneath a jacket when the arm is bent. Regular packing tape is probably not going to hold well enough. I need something with a strong adhesive, but also thin. Any suggestions? I'd rather not glue these down.

#3 ·
I've used masking tape in the past with success. Sometimes I pad parts of my bodies with excess cloth or pieces cut from knit gloves (fingers, etc.) and I just tape it in place with masking tape and haven't had any problems with it coming loose.

#5 ·
I've also used Dritz Res-Q temporary hem tape. You can find it at Walmart in the sewing section. It's a double sided tape meant for fabric. I sometimes remove the over sized snaps from the front of a shirt so that it will lay better and I use the tape to keep the shirt closed. I've also used it to add pockets and patches to uniforms. It's a bit fiddly to work with but it works very well once you get it into place.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dritz-Res-Q-Tape/24592222

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.