One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Changing body tone - ink/makeup?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Scimitar 
#1 ·
Hey,

I was having random thoughts around Phicen bodies and issues around matching body tone with heads and the bodies propensity to stain.

Has anyone tried to either dye an entire body with blended inks or cover-up makeup or other method?

I have stained silicone molds and epoxies with great success using quality inks but that was mixed in before they cured.

I guess its also a matter of how evenly the stains will take and then how well the stain sets.

I might just buy an additional body and see what happens.. :)

My thought would be use a pale body as the base.

Any feedback?

#2 ·
I recently asked a similar question in a Facebook group, concerning darkening the somewhat pale skin tone of the seamless arms on a Did SWAT body, to match heads or hands with a darker skin tone. My friend, Doug (zebraten, here on OSW) answered my question by explaining how he darkens the skin tone on seamless Phicen bodies.

"Pastels ground into a powder and applied with a damp brush works well on the seamless bodies....On the phicen body there is no need to seal. But the Dam body is a slightly different material, so you may have to use some dullcote."

He also posted an image of an excellent figure that he's working on using that method and it looks great. Unfortunately, I don't feel at liberty to share that image in the forum as it's a WIP figure that he may or may not eventually post here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.