One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Head sits too high

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kibagami Jubei 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm a total noob and I bought this head - 1/6 custom Scarlett Johansson sculpt head Black Widow 4.0 THE AVENGERS 2#US - on eBay.

The head sits really high on a S09c body. You can see the very top of the metal neck peg and the neck is way too long.

What are my options?

I've read on the forums about warming the head and either pushing in or removing the neck socket.

If pushing it in is a no go, if I remove it is there a replacement socket or just modify and replace the original?

#2 ·
If you can't remove the neck peg itself, can you instead drill out the head more? Get rid of the plug inside, and drill as far as you can before breaking through the scalp.
Then you can just use some blu-tac wrapped around the neck peg to keep the head in place and in whatever position it needs to be to look good.
99% of my kit bashes are modified like this to get the head sitting to the right height on the neck.

#3 ·
For anyone interested I was able to modify the head to work.

I used a small precision screw driver to cut the glue all around the neck peg socket. I pushed and pried slightly in to minimize risk of damaging the neck.

I was able to pop it off the glue on the bottom once it was free all the way around.

I then shortened the peg socket and re-inserted. I may eventually glue it but its a pretty snug fit as is.

#5 ·
Well I'm kind of re-thinking the drilling method... did this to one of my heads over the weekend.

Stupidly it went straight into my hand as well but it wasn't a bad wound.
I've drilled heads plenty of times, but this one was being really stubborn. Just couldn't get the glue on the sides to pull free and I thought one more hit with the drill would snap out the remaining bits of the plug.
I was also rushing to get it done which is when the stupidity in my genes really gets its time to shine.

#8 ·
I usually remove the socket from the head and dremel it deeper. I replace the socket adaptor which places it farther into the head. The head will sit lower on the neck. I prefer this method over modifying the neck post. OSK sells the neck plugs if you need to replace it for either male or female bodies. Can't beat the price and free shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.