This hair...on this head.... Possible?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: This hair...on this head.... Possible?

This hair...on this head.... Possible?

Customizers...
    I would like to take the dark hair off, and put the blonde hair on if I got these. Possible? How easy/difficult? (maybe I could do it myself) OR...How much might it cost me to have it done?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: This hair...on this head.... Possible?

I bought a wig for one of my female figures, but she came bald.
    If the blonde hair is a wig, I would cut off all the black hair. (make her bald) and attach the blonde wig.(comes with double stick tape).
    Not much to it.

Its a 2 part head so switching wigs is very easy. Now the separate wigs don't all fit the same but you can "work" them to fit.

The 2 part design is really an ingenious design for female figures in that you can theoretically change hair color and styles when ever you need or want.

The reality is that is a bit harder then that as not all companies make them the same size etc...but still easy to do.

Just pull the black wig off the head (should be held in place with tape or little glue) then check fit of the blond wig, you may need to trim the "skin" to make it fit better, then attach with either 2 sided tape, a small amount of glue or even sticky tack. Style the hair and your done...

Go for it...
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crusader1xxx View Post
    Its a 2 part head so switching wigs is very easy. Now the separate wigs don't all fit the same but you can "work" them to fit.

The 2 part design is really an ingenious design for female figures in that you can theoretically change hair color and styles when ever you need or want.

The reality is that is a bit harder then that as not all companies make them the same size etc...but still easy to do.

Just pull the black wig off the head (should be held in place with tape or little glue) then check fit of the blond wig, you may need to trim the "skin" to make it fit better, then attach with either 2 sided tape, a small amount of glue or even sticky tack. Style the hair and your done...

Go for it...

Thanks!
    But what if the dark hair is not a wig? I contacted one of the ebay sellers. Here is what they had to say:

"Thank you for contacting us. Just FYI, this head sculpt has rooted hair which is not removable unless you cut it all off. But I'm really not sure if the wig will fit this head sculpt even though you cut off the hair. It might not be a good idea."

So I am wondering if it could still be done or not...
    Or maybe if the "scalp" could be cut off somehow...
    Dang, I wish this was a blonde already. The face is almost perfect for the character I want to do.

Like I said I have this head, its a 2 part head meaning there is a front face piece and a back "hair" piece. Now the hair is rooted into the back plate but the plate is removable.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, it shows the head in 2 seperate parts, which is what your head will do...

toyhaven: Preview Phicen 12-inch Female seamless body pale skin version 4.0 - they are getting better!
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:

Like I said I have this head, its a 2 part head meaning there is a front face piece and a back "hair" piece. Now the hair is rooted into the back plate but the plate is removable.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, it shows the head in 2 seperate parts, which is what your head will do...

toyhaven: Preview Phicen 12-inch Female seamless body pale skin version 4.0 - they are getting better!
    Awesome! I am glad to hear you actually have this one. It's always helpful to talk to a person who actually owns it.
    I just bought it. So now its just a matter of finding a blond hair piece that will work.

Here is who I am planning to make out of her. From the pics of the head sculpt, the face looks more like Adrianne Pilicki than Michelle Rodriquez. So I just need to get the right hair color and style.

Any suggestions on the hair?

onesixthkit has a number of different hair options and shipping is included with the price.

Then there is eBay. Kumik hair is ok, pretty much they are all the same but don't fit all the same.

Hair is going to be crap shoot I am afraid. You might have to try a couple of different makers to get one that fits properly, although everything can be trimmed, cut glued or tweaked
    My Photo Album:

Ooh...this could be a tricky job. If you don't do it right it could get messy, even with a 2 part head. If i were you, i'd just look for another sculpt with blond hair, there are hundreds of them.

onesixthkit has a number of different hair options and shipping is included with the price.

Then there is eBay. Kumik hair is ok, pretty much they are all the same but don't fit all the same.

Hair is going to be crap shoot I am afraid. You might have to try a couple of different makers to get one that fits properly, although everything can be trimmed, cut glued or tweaked
    I figured it might be. I was planning to try one on ebay I found.

Thinking I might try this one first:

Kumik 1 6 Female Hair Wig 2 5 Multi Colors for 12" Head Sculpt SHIP from USA | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Sixx View Post
    Ooh...this could be a tricky job. If you don't do it right it could get messy, even with a 2 part head. If i were you, i'd just look for another sculpt with blond hair, there are hundreds of them.
    Yeah, I have looked for other heads, but none have had a face that looks as much like Adrianne Palicki. It's such a shame they did not make a GI Joe Retaliation Lady Jaye figure.

Do you guys know anyone that might be able to do it for me if I supply the head and hair?