One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Can any one recommend fabric suitable for load bearing gear?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  James Vibert 
#1 ·
I want to make a black custom chest rig. I've tried thin ripstop nylon, but the weave looks too big. Any recommendations on a good fabric which is more in 1/6 scale.

#5 ·
Depending..

I use simple everyday Broadcloth. Looks close enough to Canvas if you do like a Dull Coat on the outside of the fabric when the gear is finished.

It has been an experiment I been working on. BTW, I am talking about the Dull coat made by Americana and a wide brush. IF YOU want to do the fabric 1st before making the pattern then start sewing.

#6 ·
Another one you can do is Nylon. There is thin. *WHICH I wouldn't recommend.* Let me look in my stuff when I am NOT so busy with the MCSA courses. I do have one that is good enough for pouches.

It is a Nylon stuff.. But I forgot the name of it. But I will post up a photo later this Afternoon PST.

#7 ·
This is the stuff I was talking about.

Shiny

Flat

I found this on this... Large 12x6 Pouches at the local .99 Cent store. I wish I bought more of those DARN pouches. It was perfect to make Holsters, pouches and so forth.

I believe it Ballistic Nylon??? But don't count that as 100%.

Good luck!!! It's a hell of a addiction to make your own stuff when you can never find the pieces you need. Or on the cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.